“always different”

Downtown Grand Junction
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Downtown GJ is the place to visit. Unique stores and great art on the corner. Good restaurants with outside dining

There are newer reviews for Downtown Grand Junction

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have lived in Colorado since 1979, and had the privilege of working in many communities from my home base in Breckenridge, I watched GJ go through the DEPRESSION that was oil shale, and banks and businesses go under. I remember when main st was a street and businesses were boarded up. Congrats to the community for not giving up. The downtown district is attractive(with art everywhere), we were there for the Jazz festival and it was turned into a walking mall. Very cool community resource...Great job!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I spent several weeks in Junction and my favorite thing to do has to be the downtown area. I would spend afternoons eating at a sidewalk restaurant with wi fi enjoying the people watching and sunshine

1  Thank SeptemberStayed
Reviewed May 8, 2013

There are restaurants with sidewalk tables, artsy places, clothing, sporting goods and a really nice fountain for the kids to play in (during warmer weather - it wasn't running in April). Some of the Art on the Corner is goofy and I didn't see the point. And some of it is great - the frog prince outside the toy store.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

While we were visiting we read an article in the local paper about downturn in sales tax revenues. Well, no wonder! Stores close early on Friday and Saturday nights, nothing for out of towners to do and money to spend!

1  Thank LynnMarv