“Daily Specials”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #121 of 277 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Cafe Rio is all about fresh and you can tell. If you like fresh lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and a hand made tortilla then you will love Cafe Rio. The Monday special is the best.

1  Thank gotthewanderlust99
There are newer reviews for Cafe Rio

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This place is great. It is perfect for mexican take out. I eat here more than any other restaurant in town. This is an assembly style restaurant with the cooks making fresh tortillas and then making your meal just like you want it, as you watch. (Kind of like Subway) I highly recommend trying the pulled pork. It's sweet and delicious. The fish tacos are good to. I eat here all the time and I have never had anything I didn't like. Two thumbs up. :)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

got a salad for my drive home, they sure are good, was not ready to eat when we left. Wish I had one near my home

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Not bad for fast mexican food. Better than Taco Bell. The menu selection is limited. Two people ate for less than $20. Everything is precooked and your selection is assembled as you walk through the line. The rice is good. We were very hungry after a long day of travel. The other near by restaurants had waiting lists up to 30 minutes. We walked in and had our food in about 7 minutes. No cerveza fria. Would eat there again if we were in a hurry.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This cafeteria style cafe just misses the mark. Their portions, which appear on the surface to be ample, really consist of undercooked rice and beans. I ordered the coconut shrimp tacos, the shrimp were basically lumps of batter covering tiny hard cocktail shrimp, and the lettuce which made up the bulk of the taco,had not been spun or dried properly and made the shell soggy. My dining companions also noted that there was very little meat in their entrees as well.

The dining area is very crowded and noisy, the table are much too close together. Tables are not bussed promptly, trash is overflowing and the bathrooms were dirty. There is a patio, but as it is right by a busy intersection it is not really a viable option.

On the plus side, the desserts are very, very good--try the Tres Leches cake-- and the self serve drink station offers a lot of interesting choices like mint lemonade and flavored syrups.

My best advice is to come later in the evening when traffic slows down and sit on the patio with a soda and dessert. The food at Taco Bell is about the same and it's one third the price.