“Great for food and conversation”

Le Rouge Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 293 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Rouge Restaurant & Martini Bar is located in historic downtown Grand Junction. We offer exceptional modern French -American cuisine. Savor your experience in our intimate dining room, or enjoy a beautiful Colorado evening on our outside patio. Sample some of the most unique cocktails and extensive wine list you will find in the area.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a table of three and had a fine evening of unhurried conversation punctuated with a splendid meal. We began with cocktails chosen from an extensive list of classics and creations. The evening special was grilled Mahi Mahi with a light mango sauce coupled with a slightly picante succotash and rice. The Mahi Mahi was flaky but not dry. The succotash, for its spiciness, was an excellent accompaniment. Our server was attentive and thankfully not hovering, but was always there when something was needed.

1  Thank Gdolezal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

La Rouge is my go to for amazing drinks. It has the absolute best martini in town, the Strawberry Balsamic Martini! It has a unique flavor that has me and many of my friends hooked! I also love the atmosphere with the lit up bar and smooth tunes.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We visited Le Rouge recently with friends for dinner. I had dined there before, a couple years ago and enjoyed the food and service.

I have to say that now the food serving size, without exceptions, was very small-whether it was the appetizers, main course, or dessert- all quite skimpy; and the quality of the food has gone down considerably. I understand there has been an owner/management change and it was certainly evident.
I cant say that I would recommend dining there until some changes in food prep occur.

Patrice P, Owner at Le Rouge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Gary your server Catherine had contacted me Saturday evening about your dining experience.. As I anticipated you would be writing a review I tried to gather as much information as I could on this. We are not under new management or ownership either one but recently did start a new menu. We thank you for your input as it is what is needed in order for us to best serve our guests. If you would like to further discuss any details of your review you can contact me at 970-257-1777 Thank you again for your input and our apologies for your disappointing experience. Gayle Le Rouge Management

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Q true gem in small town/city America. A great wait staff is helpful with suggestions and both classic and novelties are cooked to perfection. Prices are good for this high quality cuisine.

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We went for dinner to celebrate my birthday. The food, service and atmosphere exceeded all of our expectations. I had the rack of lamb and my husband had the steak au poivre, pomme frites. Delicious!

They offer both indoor and outdoor seating. There is live music on most Fridays and Saturdays. The restaurant is in the historic section on Main Street, which makes it easy to find.

Parking is free after 4 PM and on the weekends. Art sculptures in a variety of mediums and styles are displayed along Main Street. You can enjoy a walk before or after dinner to view all of the interesting pieces.