“Surprise in Grand Junction”

Le Rouge Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 277 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Le Rouge Restaurant, located in historic downtown Grand Junction, offers exceptional French-American fusion cuisine while highlighting some of the region's most talented musicians. Combining a variety of styles to complement your dining experience, Le Rouge has become the local spot to hear some of the best jazz music in western Colorado. Savor your experience in our intimate dining room, or enjoy a beautiful Colorado evening on the outside patio. Or sink into an over-sized easy chair around the beautiful Piano Bar - the heart of "The Rouge", as its become known, and sample some of the most unique cocktails and extensive wine list you'll find in the area.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stopped in Gd. Junction on our road trip from L.A. to Denver because of snowy and foggy road conditions and asked the hotel front desk on a dark and cold winter evening where we could find something to bite.
They recommended this place and only a few steps away we found this warm and friendly piece of France in Western Colorado.
Food was simply excellent. My wife had a duck and she simply loved it. I had a salad with local goat cheese and a wonderful N.Y. strip. The Creme brulee for dessert was excellent.
We had a bottle of Merlot from a local winery and it was excellent too.
All in all - one of the best authentic French dinners (outside France) we had since a long time.
It might sound a bit pricey for Americans who consider Cheeseburger and Pizza as food but we think it was absolutely worth the money. What more can we say?

1  Thank coloradoclaus
There are newer reviews for Le Rouge Restaurant

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I chose this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews. I was a little disappointed that there was no live music, but if I had paid more attention to their website I would have realized that the piano is only manned on weekends. At any rate, the atmosphere was very nice, upscale. The service was prompt and attentive. The food was excellent, though pricey. I had the grilled beef medallions, while my friend had the steamed Mussels. The beef was very good, but the mussels were outstanding. In short, it was a very enjoyable evening and I plan to keep this place on my short list for special occasions.

1  Thank Shelby L
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, very classy and elegant. Good music with a nice small bar area. Wonderful food and excellent service.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stopped in for a cocktail here and decided to try the foie gras. Loved the sazerac, but the foie gras was a mess. Too thin, overdone, disgusting sauce. This was no way to treat a duck.

Now I remember why I haven't dined at Le Rouge for quite a while.

Thumbs down on this one gang.

Cheue

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We decided to try Le Rouge on our trip to Grand Junction and called to see if we could reserve for dinner. A friendly staff member told us to "come on in, there's plenty of openings." When we got to this lovely little restaurant the waiter, who is from Paris, gave us a Gallic little sneer when he asked for our reservations and we told him we'd just called, but went ahead and seated us at a beautiful table decorated with roses and candles. We heard other waitresses explaining the day's selections in French accents and descriptions that were as elaborate as a romance novel. Our waitress finally arrived, but instead of the romance novel treatment she tossed the menus at us and asked us what we wanted, slammed down two glasses of white when we ordered them and delivered our food with a snarly "bon appetit!" So I've never been to Paris but the rudeness of the French is legendary. We were honored to be given a real French experience! The food was absolutely delicious, perfectly seasoned and presented, the atmosphere was lovely, and the price, though high, was worth it. I had the clam fettucini and my husband had the filet mignon with a merlot reduction. Both were outstanding. Just remember, if you get the snarly waitress, that you're having a real Paris experience, and enjoy it anyway.

2  Thank Bonnie_Ramthun