“Get with the program!”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Utah
“Get with the program!”
Reviewed January 24, 2008

We reserved a smoking room via there hotel website. At time of arrival we found out that they are a smoke free facility. We would have went somewhere else but it was late. When we got into our "non- smoking" room low and behold their famous pillow top mattress wasn't there either! It was a typical motel 6 mattress. The bathroom tub had cracks, clean but needed repair. Breakfast was cold and stale and the lobby smelled like someone had gotten sick. Not a good stay! I will stay at Hampdons again because I have had good rooms and service in other states.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The bed
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peenweeba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sweden
Reviewed October 17, 2007

I always select hotel based on location.
This hotel is right on the main street with all the eateries, close to the railway station, opposite a supermarket. It's perfect.
The room was large, with a view and internet connection. Nice bed, comfy chair and so on. No complaints! We only stayed on night, as planned.
The reception was very helpful.

While in Grand Junction checkout the Rockslide Restaurant, the co national monument canyons, and the quaint main street.

• Liked — Bed and view
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayaSweden
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I had reserved a room at this hotel through the Hampton Inns website three weeks prior to the arrival date. I had specifically booked at this hotel because of the many positive reviews here and because the hotel is located in downtown Grand Junction. This would be the first night of our family vacation and my wife and son had expressed an interest in exploring the downtown area of this city on a Saturday night. When I arrived at 5pm, the desk clerk informed me that there was a problem with my reservation. She said the sales department had overbooked the hotel and that there was not a single room available for me, even through I had a "confirmed" reservation. She then informed me that the hotel had reserved a "comparable" room for me at the Country Inns motel out on Horizon Drive near the interstate and airport. She gave me a voucher which would allow me to stay at the Country Inns at Hampton's expense. I was extremely disappointed in the condition of the Country Inns motel and specifically the room itself. The room had dated carpeting, furniture and beds, the bathroom sink had a large crack in it, and the bathtub had stains. This was not comparable to what I had expected. We didn't stay at the Country Inns and I was lucky to find a clean, modern room at the Quality Inn down the street. To me it seemed like the Hampton Inn wanted to correct their mistake as cheaply as possible and did not take customer satisfaction into consideration at all. There are plenty of other high quality hotel choices available everywhere and I will never stay at a Hilton Hotel again because of this experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank cellbioprof
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2007

SUPER clean, nice hotel room. Small pool.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2007

I have always stayed at this hotel and loved it, howerver my last experience was terrible. I just purchased a brand new pair of shoes and accidentily left them in my room upon checkout. The cleaning service "didnt find anything" althought that is a complete fabrication. My advice is dont leave anything behind or you will never see it again. I tried contacting the hotel staff and management immediately after checkout--within an hour--and to this day (this review is being written 48 hours after checkout) I have not heard from anybody. Lousy customer service

Stayed June 2007
denver
Reviewed June 19, 2007

Excellent hotel, excellent breakfast (complimentary), great staff, nice outdoor pool. There is an indoor pool located next door at the Homewood Suits, which Hampton Inn visitors can use also. I imagine the Homewood Suites would rate the same as the Hampton, or in other words I would stay there also.

This hotel is located right in the downtown, and the action, or what action there is in Grand Junction. It's located right on the downtown mall and was wonderful to walk up and down it in the morning. Numerous restaurants, coffee shops (didn't see a Starbucks), and shops of various types. There is a great brew pub located on the mall and has excellent food and beer, the only brew pub in G.J. that I know of.

I've stayed at a couple of the hotels at I-70 and Harmony Road (no where near downtown) in the past and the Hampton Inn is by far the best. There is more to do in this area than ALL the hotels located at the I-70 exit. (and I mean ALL, since it seems like 80% of all the hotels in G.J. are located at this exit).

If you want to walk around, get something to eat or shop then this is your place. If you like the typical american crowded interstate exit hotels then go to I-70 and Harmony.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank grantfromcolorado
Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Having stayed at many Hampton Inns (and never really having a bad experience), I recommend the Grand Junction (Colorado) Hampton Inn as one of the very best. Immaculate rooms, easy parking, attractive lobby, excellent breakfast, and extremely friendly staff. Although it isn't adjacent to an interstate, it is adjacent to both the historic downtown area and a convention center.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business