“What a hidden gem!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Junction
Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
Ranked #1 of 11 Grand Junction B&B and Inns
Decorah, Iowa
“What a hidden gem!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Grand Junction for the very first time and were forunate to stay here at Two Rivers Winery & Chateau. We were very pleasantly greeted at the tasting room and were told there about the Chateau. We then toured the Chateau rooms and we were hooked.
Very, very friendly people at the tasting room and the Chateau. We were looking for quiet,something away from the hustle and hectic atmoshere of the chain hotels. The Chateau was outstanding!
Breakfast was fantastic,too! Fresh homemade,delicious main entry and fresh fruit and pastries.
Oh, by the way, the wine we had was some of the best in the Grand Junction area!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jameslouie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. The room was clean and really comfortable - I was impressed with the room layout and finishings (plus the wine in room) and the breakfasts were fantastic. I admit that I was expecting more of a "B&B", and was a little disappointed. I choose the Chalet because I was traveling alone and B&Bs usually have great hosts who share their ideas about the area and other guests who want to share their experiences. This was more of a small and very well appointed hotel with a sunny breakfast space and large deck to watch the sun rise.

Despite this, the staff were friendly and very helpful. The lady who checked me in carried my bag up to my room and was very nice and gave me a few ideas for dinner. The wine tasting host was friendly and had great advice, he also took the time to chat with me about the wines and the regions. The wine was very drinkable as well - I would recommend their Cab-Sav and their port.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Visited with a tour group of 11 and we left without doing a tasting. The man was rude and hasty because our driver didn't call before hand. He didn't know he needed to and we didn't need to for any of the other places we had visited. There was no one else there at the time. We left because his poor attitude had us wanting to give him no business. He wasted an hour (most in driving time) of our tour. However, those at Plum Creek, Carlson's, and Grande River were all pleasant and made up for the poor experience at Two Rivers. We all bought at least two bottles a person at all the other places we visited.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank C D
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Spent a long weekend here attending a wedding and had a most wonderful time. The room was large, comfy and quiet. The wine was excellent and the breakfasts were amazing -- a different casserole each day plus cereal, 4 juices, a fruit tray, eggs, cottage cheese, and pastries. The casseroles were so good I asked for the recipe! The grounds are lovely surrounded by the grapevines and a view of the Colorado Monument. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It is true that this is not the typical B&B in that the owners are not on-site the entire time, but I had no problem with that. The wedding was gorgeous and well organized. Definitely recommend checking Two Rivers out.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BabsOrlando
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was worried when I read the reviews, but after thinking about them realized that the things people listed as disadvantages we really were OK with. In fact, to us they were advantages. First, they were very accomodating in our request to have 5 people in a room. When we arrived a few hours before check in time, they were more than happy to help us get into a room before the checkin time. The staff was friendly and helpful in every request. The rooms were large, clean and very nicely decorated. I felt like we were staying a a chateau in France. The reason for people not liking it as much in the reviews I think is caused by the expectations people have for a bed and breakfast. At 6PM the staff goes home so you pretty much have run of the place. To us, this was wonderful, but if you expect to hang out with the owners you'll be dissapointed. Also the breakfast buffet is very nice, but it is probably not what you'd expect from a B&B. I would absolutely stay here again. What a great place to stay if you like privacy, want spacious accomodations, and need some flexibility. Prices were very reasonable as well.

Room Tip: Explain your situation. THey will find the best room for you and even bring in a rollaway at no cha...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cme_11
Shannon Feeley
Reviewed October 4, 2009

My family and I attended a wedding at the 2 rivers winery and chateau. I was very excited for this event because it was a close friend getting married and it was my first trip to winery. Upon arrival there was no direction as to where guests should park, there was also minimal staff involvement in terms of help or information. I know that this event was well planned and executed according to plan. The couple whose wedding was at the chateau were well prepared and very compliant with the expectations of the chateau. They were treated very poorly by the front desk and bar tenders and we as guests were not received in any polite way and were even made to feel unwelcome at the bar and the wine tasting room.

This was a disappointing first visit to a winery and a somewhat uncomfortable wedding to attend.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank ShannonFeeley
Harlow, England
Reviewed March 17, 2007

We were recommended here by friends for an overnight stay. It is in a very quiet location on the outskirts of Grand Junction. Our room, Montrachet, at the rear,had good views of the National Monument. The Reception staff were efficient and friendly. The rooms are on the 1st floor with a walkway overlooking the cavernous area below which is used for receptions etc. The bedroom itself was large and airy, clean and tidy. With due regard to it's overall purpose, a wine tray was in the room and sample tasting at the bottle cost payable at Reception on departure was available of the wines produced on site.
This is essentially a B&B - accomodation ok, breakfasts absolute rubbish and at $135 per night extremely poor value - our expectation was in tatters!!
We had a recommendation from Reception to a local Restaurant - Garfields about a mile away in a shopping precinct; steak and fish a speciality - excellent!

• Liked — Clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Rubbish breakfasts
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Grand Junction
#2 of 28 in Grand Junction
SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Two Rivers Winery & Chateau? Share your experiences!