“If you can afford it, close to mall, great stores and restaurants!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
dallas texas
“If you can afford it, close to mall, great stores and restaurants!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

My mom and I did a weekend Christmas shopping trip to Grand Junction since we have cousins there. And since my job gives me a discount rate, we stayed here. Smelled VERY nice, comfortable beds, nice flat screen TV, nice bathroom, nice decor, friendly front desk staff, nice looking breakfast area. I was impressed. (We ate at the Black Bear restaurant for breakfast instead)

The ONLY issue was that the heavy white curtain right against the window did NOT cover the entire window. If you pulled it over to the right, about 6" was open on the left, and vice versa. The outer curtain did not pull in, and we had only the sheers covering that area. Luckily, we were on the 4th floor so weren't too concerned. But if we had been on the first floor, i would have asked for a different room, praying this was only a problem in our room.

If it wasn't for the discount I was able to get because of my job, this room would have been too expensive for me. It's price was about $109 before taxes, I believe, before my discount.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

This hotel is very well taken care of. I visited on a business trip and had the luxury, or so I though, for a later business meeting. However, the walls are paper-thin, and I could hear the guests' tvs on both sides of me all night. Starting at 4:30 am, I could hear room doors slamming (they really need to adjust these) and woke me up repeatedly. The hotel has a nice, but quite small, pool and hot tub, as well as a workout room. Food in the dining room was good, but overpriced, and the lounge had great specials on cocktails. I would not recommend this hotel for families, as too much noice travels through the walls. If you don't have a car, this hotel is quite a distance from restaurants and businesses, despite other reviews I have read on TripAdvisor. If you have a rental car, this is a fine location, and close to the airport. Taxis are very unreliable in Grand Junction. I would advise asking for a room on the East side of the property, as the West side directly faces I-70, which is quite noisy. The staff was very young, looking like they were straight out of high school, and didn't seem very committed to their jobs.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank MelanieAC77
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Basic Holiday Inn and Suites but very clean and quiet even though in a busy section of town. Everyone who works there works really hard. Kind of pricey at $100.00/nt but that seems to be the norm for Grand Junction. Located across the 4 lane from the mall, many other shopping centers, bowling alley, movie theatres and several restaurants. Don't suggest walking due to traffic but it would be walkable to all the above. We ate at the Black Bear Diner recommended by the front desk clerk. It is located out the front door next to Starbucks. The portions are huge but you can get smaller portion plates. It was yummy. Limited wine menu but inexpensive ($3.99 glass). Great staff at hotel where everyone is friendly and helps each other. Also close to Colorado River trail and Colorado National Monument entrance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ldwskier
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

Stopped en route to Denver at this hotel.

Good location with a variety of restaurants and mall based shopping nearby. Close to route 60. There is also a gas station right there, which is very handy when you are on the road.

Room was clean, spacious and in good condition. The public areas were in the same shape. Overall the hotel looks like it is still new.

Bedding was comfortable. Water hot. Room clean with a good selection of amenities (pens, paper, shampoo, soap) Ample supply of clean towels. Room temperature was good and the thermostat worked. My night was quiet and unterrupted, even though the hotel appeared to be very busy. Well lit exterior parking lot.

Breakfast room is comfortable and right off the lobby. Breakfast met all the usual expectations of hotels in this category. Everything tasted pretty good.

I used the computer in the lobby to check e mail and the speed was good. Did not check in room internet service.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank AzureMountain
Nebo, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I'll start by saying the comfort and cleanliness was excellent, as we've found true for all the HIE's so far. Though only booked for one night originally, a change in plans took us back to Grand Junction a day early. With only one room left for that night, the lady at the front desk was especially helpful in coordinating with me while I used their lobby computer to access my credit card points program in order to book the room online with a discount. We stay on the go when we travel and don't hang around the hotels so, while we may not utilize amenities, a quality night's rest is our top priority--and this hotel delivers. The location is away from the airport but still convenient to the 'main drag' for dining, though we didn't go far for a good meal at the Black Bear Diner right next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank northwoodsorbust
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

This is a very nice facility but the unfriendly attitude at the front desk during check in was a downer. The price with taxes of $161 is not good for what you get. You can get a better value elsewhere in Grand Junction

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

I've been to Grand Junction many times and was ready for a hotel change.

I decided on this for their free breakfast deal they offer. I enjoyed it a lot better since the Holiday Inn at I-70 does not offer this.

This hotel had the indoor pool and hot tub right next to the small work out room on the main floor.

Upon checking it, the gentelman at the front desk greeted me well and was expecting me as I had a late check-in and he had my freebies lined up for me.

The room was decent, they had nothing better to upgrade me to so I stuck it out for a few nights in the two-bed room. The room had a mini fridge and microwave that I did not use much of for such a short trip.

They still have the old 'fat' TV's in the room and it was not one you could have pulled out and tilted towards the direction of the desk.

The wireless internet service was not available at the time and reports were they were having issues. They still had the wired connection available and that worked out ok.

The beds were not the most comfortable. I slept on one bed one night and being so tired fell right asleep. The next night I tried to sleep on the other bed but was not comfortable at all. I switched to the other bed and found it uncomfortable too. I didn't get much good rest, but compared to their sister hotel down I-70 it was much better.

I would stay here again, but this time make sure I get a better bed to sleep on.

• Liked — Location, nearby to lots of restaurants and the Mesa Mall
  • Disliked — Beds were uncomfortable.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mondo5280