“Convenient, Quiet, Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The location alone made this hotel a good place to stay. It was very close to I - 70 and was easily accessible. Surrounding it were many restaurants and other retail stores making eating and any needed shopping easy. Our reception was friendly and registration was done quickly. The facility was clean and well kept up. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a good example of the kinds of complementary breakfasts found in hotels--besides cold cereals, pastries, fruit, juices and coffee, they had a machine that made pancakes and had hot dishes that included scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy. Check out was effortless. There is a Starbucks right across the street. We would stay there again if traveling along I-70.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank your for the comments. And thank you for mentioning the breakfast items. We have changed a lot about the hotel when we remodeled last year and one of the biggest changes was making sure to provide the best breakfast we could. In all there are over 25 items to choose from. Every day we rotate the hot items. This ensures frequent guests don't eat the same breakfast 2 days in a row and more importantly it guarantees that our guests are eating the best and freshest food they can. We don't do leftovers. This might be the reason we are the only hotel in Grand Junction to win the Blue Ribbon Award from the Mesa County Health Department since 2011. (Handed out to any establishment that serves food and had 0 health code violations).

Thank you again for the kind words. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this property in Jan. again in Sept.. Both stays were outstanding. The property has just been up dated and is one of the nicest HIE we have stayed. Will stay again any time in GJ.The breakfast is wonderful, well attended an A+ quality. We were very happy with the friendliness of the staff. They could answer questions with confidence an politeness. One of the best nights sleep we had.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Grand Junction is conveniently located near the mall, I-70, and the beautiful Canyon View Park and soccer fields. It's not near downtown (the Hampton Inn is a better match for those wanting a "Main Street" experience near GJ's nice pedestrian downtown), but is clean, and comfortable with a friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I will start by apologizing for the delayed thank you. My social media skills are not the best. With that said I do thank you for the review of the hotel. I have happy that you enjoyed your time here. I do want to mention, that while we are not a "downtown" hotel, we are just a short drive away from the downtown district of Grand Junction. Our close proximity to Grand Junctions only Mall, newest restaurants, biggest movie theater and National Monument do appeal to most guests.

Thank you again for the response and I hope that your next stay in Grand Junction is with us and even more enjoyable.

Roy Blake

Reviewed October 26, 2012

HIE is one of our two go-to hotels for traveling and we are usually happy with the stay. The hotel is conveniently located and we were not uncomfortable with the location. Breakfast is the usual fare and was well tended. We were not greeted warmly but the stay was comfortable overall. Unfortunately we were most unhappy with the beds at this particular hotel, which isn't a normal complaint at HIE for us. I'm not sure if we just got an older room, but neither of us slept well the two nights we were there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I am so sorry to hear about your experience not being perfect. I wish you could have mentioned this to me during your stay. I would have been happy to move you to a different room. The bed that you slept on is brand new. We just finished a complete remodel of the entire hotel this year. The lined, beds, carpet, paint, toilets, wall covering, furniture, tile, shower, etc etc etc everything is brand new.

Next time you are in town and you want to stay with us, give me a call. I will personally make sure that your stay is perfect and I will be happy to move you as much as needed to find the perfect bed. Our Cloud 9 beds are built to be perfect for everyone. And I won't stop until we can find that for you. My office extension is 500. The hotel phone number is 970-245-8164.

I look forward to speaking to you in the future

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been quite satisfied around Colorado with Holiday Inn Expresses and this one stacks up well with the others. It's on the west end of Grand Junction, well west of the major part of the city, so if you're headed on west into Utah, it's a good stopping point for the night. Super market right across the street, large gas station practically next door. Located just south of I-70.
As a most HEI the mid-range price is reasonable for what you get: a good matress, very nice sheets and towels, ample pillows, and a good t.v.
i will say that the noise travels pretty loudly from any shoe-dropping, suitcase moving upstairs. Too bad they didn't do a little more between-floor sound deadening.
Quite a good breakfast, with lots of choices and the day's USA Today.
As chains go, the HIE's that I've hit around Colorado are a pretty fresh, spiffy bunch and this was no exception. (Just don't take the front desk's advice to eat the the "Cinnamon Bar" next door. Don't.)
Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the response. I am happy that you have found a home in the brand for your trip through Colorado. Since Holiday Inn Express did the "Brand refresh" in 2010 we have heard great response from our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoy it as well.

Sorry for your experience with the Cinnamon Grill restaurant. You might be happy to know that we have worked with numerous restaurants around us (there are about 40 of them within 3 miles) and have gotten discounts for our guests. Next time you stop in Grand Junction we will be happy to recommend a different restaurant for you.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was recently in Grand Junction for a Roller Derby Bout and stayed here. The room was great, nice and clean. The staff was great especially when I was looking for snacks at 2am! :) I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

That is great that you were able to find a snack at 2 am. We give a snack and water to our Priority Club guests at check in. And we are always happy to hand out a snack to any guest that just doesn't want to take the quick walk to the gas station across the street.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is my fifth time here. Always a good experience. The indoor pool and fitness center are very good. The beds are great and the place is solid. No knocking as you walk around. The breakfast had biscuits and gravy, eggs, yogurt, bacon, cereal, bagels, etc. VERY GOOD!

Room Tip: Pet free rooms available on upper levels 2 and 3.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your rating. We have a wonderful breakfast bar attendant, Joslyn. She is not only dedicated but extremely prideful in making sure we serve a good breakfast.

Did you know that we won the Blue Ribbon Award? It is given out by the Mesa County Health Department to any establishment that serves food in the County. We are the only hotel that has won in since 2011! Not only does her heart go into the food she prepares, but she really takes food quality and safety to the highest priority.

See you next time!