Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and daughter were bitten by bed bugs. We have left messages at the hotel and have not heard anything from the management. This was the first night of our vacation and it made it miserable for them! We are very frustrated by the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rwt75
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

I am deeply sorry that you feel so negative about your stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience the best that it can be. We have a great reputation as a hotel and make sure every effort is reached to satisfy guests needs. With that said I have had a full inspection of the room done and the result was "no evidence of bed bugs found".

As a hotel that thrives on positive experiences I will be more than happy to forward this report. Again, I am so sorry about your feelings of our hotel, but we feel confident in saying that if you were bitten by bed bugs, it was not from our hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I am just home from my trip to Grand Junction and my stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. The location was very easy to find from the Airport. Has shopping, gas and my favorite, a Starbucks right in walking distance. Parking lot clean. I walked in to a nice greeting from Bryce who checked me in. Nice and smooth. The lobby was clean and comfortable with sitting areas. Up to my room where the hallways were nice and bright. I really liked the vending machines right there as soon as you get off the elevator. My room was big, clean and looked new. Work desk was perfect and the chair was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and shiny. Plenty of towels and had everything I needed. Microwave and frig and I used both. Bed was comfortable. Internet worked perfect and no hassle. I REALLY liked the TV that was just like home! I didn't have to scroll through advertising screens and pay per view choices that I can't stand! Just simple, turn on, turn off. I'm sure you travelers know what I mean. Breakfast was nice and had a good amount of choices. Pool and fitness room was available but I didn't have time to use either. Ventured out to see the National Monument that was simply breathtaking and the entrance was easy to find with my GPS; about 10 minutes away. Also visited the Dinosaur Museum that was pretty cool. Then the next day off to the Grand Mesa that was a 20 minute ride away and another fellow at the desk kindly gave me perfect directions to get there. Thanks! Mount Garfield was everywhere in site and it was simply beautiful to see. If I had time I would of hiked up him! The hotel overall was very clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful; and knowledgeable of the area. I had a great time! Thank you Holiday Inn Express for making my stay a great one! See you next year!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The most important thing to me when getting a room is cleanliness. This is a very clean, well maintained,..nice place to stay. Im extremely picky and I love staying here. The breakfast is also excellent. I stay here everytime I go to Grand Junction and havent yet been disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank David K
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We had spent a week in Utah and stopped here for last night. This place was not the cleanest and the most expensive of all the places we had stayed. I had to try and not think about how dirty the bedspreads, carpet and chair might be. We were tired and ready to stop driving for the day or else we wouldn't have stayed. The pool also didn't look clean in addition to being too small to swim laps. I got up in the morning not expecting to eat the breakfast included but the food and eating area didn't look bad so we ate it and survived :-)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Chose this Hotel after staying in many other HIE's This one did not meet standards of others.Stayed 3 nights with my son (8yrs) on a visit to family. Beds were very uncomfortable for such a new Hotel. Pool room had extremely strong chemical odor and burned our eyes.
We were locked out the 2nd night, Oh we only had you for 1 night was the response. We were booked for 3 nights. No WiFi in rooms but stated as such in brochure and advertisement. Had to call 800# to get the Ethernet to even work as front desk couldn't help us
I would not recommend this particular hotel, although it was close mall, restaurants and interstate.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Clean, quiet, friendly staff. Breakfast area clean and well-maintained. Staff helped us find the post office and had good recommendations for restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elphaba
Reviewed October 14, 2010

If we hadn't opened the curtains the next morning we would not have known. The room was fine but, expensive. We stopped one exit too soon; there were a ton of hotels to choose from. I have driven this route enough I should have known better.

The desk clerk was all business and I was travel weary so I wasn't happy about $120. We just busted out laughing when we woke up and expected to see the beautiful Rocky Mountains out our window and were greeted with a disgusting car dump!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family