Mesa Inn Grand Junction
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Inn(Grand Junction)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmini fridge and microwavenew carpetwater pressureplace to sleepcold cereallow pricebeds were comfortablefree wifian overnight staycoffee makerstaff was friendlymuffins
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff is very kind and the breakfast was pretty good but the walls were THIN. After driving through the night we arrived at 2 am (with a reservation). The room was very clean but the room was facing the street. That meant that it was NOISY!!! At one point I checked to see if the windows were open but no such luck. For a discount motel it's better than average but ask for a room NOT facing the street!

Room Tip: Ask for a side room. You may not have a view but you will sleep better:)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here one year ago and had a good experience. This year the girl at the desk (she was young) had nothing nice to say and would not provide a receipt saying I should be able to get it because I booked on line. She was surly about providing a second set of towels as I had booked the room for double occupancy. We also asked to be placed in the more rear section fo the hotel and I was told it was all full even though when I walked around it was obvious from open shades and half empty parking lot that was not the case. This would be the third time I have stayed here and the second with my wife and we certainly would sooner pay for the motel six two block away.

Room Tip: Ask for the rear of the property but they will undoubtedly not allow it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I don't know how come the people that gave this place negative reviews got their experience,
but my experience of the Mesa Inn is that it is extremely well managed and first-rate budget accommodation.

Lets take the comment "Breakfast is the worst I've had." Frankly, this isn't the Hilton and it is wrong to expect ultra luxury, but this costs only a little more than a Motel 6 where all you get is lukewarm coffee and the Mesa has an absolutely clean breakfast buffet display with a whole range of choices: two types of cereal with fresh milk, nice bagels and pastries as well as toast, coffee, orange juice.

My room was completely clean and nicely furnished. I am typing on my laptop using the office desk and chair provided -- equivalent in quality to what you get at a much more expensive hotel. The bed is comfortable, there is a biggish fridge to store your cold drinks and a microwave too.

The only glitch is that the internet is a bit slow (but not impossibly so) -- installing a repeater or so would fix the problem and I bet management will do it after I suggest it because I have found everyone here really pleasant and helpful (I was cheerfully offered a hose pipe and paper towels to clean off my filthy car and hiking boots, a map and advice on how to get to my destination this morning and recommendations on where to eat). I am giving this a 5 star ranking despite the minor internet issue because this place is so much nicer than typical budget hotels and cheap for the quality and service offered. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If internet is important, ask for a room near the transmitter.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank patisson
Reviewed August 17, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not a Sheraton !!!! This is a budget hotel, can't bid their price in any one in town. Rooms are nice, shower is excellent, clean and comfortable. Easy access, safe parking, warm reception made my stay happy. Everything is functional and discipline. I love this place and will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business