“great price, great location, great service”

Mesa Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
E
“great price, great location, great service”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

couldn't beat the price anywhere. Was just next door to a much more expensive hotel and across from major destinations. No problems with the room. Very helpful employees. Would definitely stay again. Employee came off his break to make me a new key.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Silverton, Colorado
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The property and room were a little run down but the room was clean and the AC worked very well. The bed sheets and towels were a little gray, but overall, clean and comfortable. The Continental breakfast was decent, nothing special but for the price, everything was very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Took a chance on this property after seeing reviews. In a nutshell, it was OK, the rate was attractive, room pretty clean. Just don't expect too much.

Arrived after a long day of driving through fire-stricken areas of Colorado just wanting a cool, comfortable room. Front desk was empty...had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to show up to check in. Attendant was obviously busy doing something else (babysitting his kid?) and distracted. Never mentioned breakfast or any other amenities.

Room was pretty stark, but generally clean. Door frame hanging off, room could have used painting. Towels & sheets VERY thin, but clean. Vague antiseptic smell. Front lobby locked when I wanted to depart at 6 AM.

Don't expect too much & you won't be disappointed. At least it's clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Bobby at the front desk very helpful with reservation problems from an earlier attempt to book a room via a third party travel service. He also gave us a map when we wanted to go across town to a particular restaurant. Clean, nice rooms. A good experience. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Perry, Utah
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Mesa Inn. I chose one of the least expensive motels in the area to keep expenses down for this trip. My expectations were low. Just wanting a place to clean up and hopefully not have bed bugs. What I got was a clean comfortable room, with nice towels, refrigerator and microwave. The outside of the motel leaves something to be desired, but the swimming pool is nice and clean. The free internet and the typical continental breakfast just added to the experience. The motel also has a basic exercise room with a treadmill and exercise bike.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Very pleased with the cleanliness of this local hotel. It is a budget hotel, has a very plain exterior and the furnishings are somewhat dated. But it was very clean, had a great rate including a reasonable weekly rate. The position of the hotel to Horizon Blvd faces the rooms away from the traffic sounds, which was very nice. A much better choice than the Affordable Inns across the street. Only complaint is that the wireless connection is poor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Allison R
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My name is Ken Hong and I am a Marketing Specialist and Social Media guru. I travel year round, staying in every brand of hotel and motel coast to coast and have done so for almost 18 years now. I recently made reservations with the manager of this establishment, Bobby. I explained my needs for my sales group and I and he agreed to them. I made the reservations 3 days in advance and gave him a credit card the day before coming in from St. George, Utah where my 10 man sales team, 3 dogs and I had a wonderful two week stay at the Dixie Palms. Anyways, we drove through the night, rested a few hours near Beaver, Utah and arrived late morning. When checking in however, they inform me when finding out my sales group is in magazine sales, they tell me we can't check in because they had a bad experience with a magazine sales group before. What??? So, I call the manager, Bobby on his cell and he goes on to lie and lie some more that he had asked me if we were a magazine sales group...had he asked, I would have told him and then would have made other arrangements obviously. Instead, they choose to deny my reservations without so much as an apology for my inconvenience after driving 400 miles in freezing conditions. This is horrendous! How do people do business this way? It was completely out of line and I am still utterly livid. Thankfully, the Country Inns of America which is 2 doors down from this place, next door to the Dennys is Awesome! They had no problem accomodating me right away and they even gave me a better rate than the Mesa and they were able to provide me with a meeting room and an office for a nominal fee which the Mesa could not. I'm certainly glad this place committed such an utter FAIL because I was able to find a better place with a better staff and management for my two week stay. Doesn't make me any less angry however.

• Stayed January 2012