Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The suite is large enough for our family to be comfortable and have a little space to spread out. The staff was helpful. Furniture was well kept and comfortable. A step up from the basic. Just what I have come to expect from Marriott.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friends and I had one nights stay after arriving by bus (should have been the train but the floods in Denver had washed the rails away), before picking up our car. We were very early on a Sunday afternoon so the receptionist gratefully took our bags into storage while we had a look around the town and waited for our room to be prepared. The town was very pretty with lots of excellent artwork displayed. On taking our room we found it very clean and of a good size. Breakfast in the morning was very good and we were wishing we could have stayed a little longer to explore the town a bit further. The staff also freely helped us to sort out our accommodation for the following night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm starting to see a pattern to my disappointment. Not to be cliche but you truly do get what you pay for! Stayed in GJ for a couple of days and figured I'd save a couple bucks on lodging at put toward dinning out, shame on me for the skimp toward my lodging. When I arrived, front desk lady was very friendly and welcoming, after that, things began going downhill from there. Don't get me wrong, it could be much worse, but literally I should have spent the extra $20 more per night to get a great room, instead of a glorified motel room. Oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: Skip staying here and opt to spend the extra 20 bucks to stay across the street!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank foodgeekinCO
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We arrived late at night and were greeted by a very friendly desk manager, Steven. Our room was on the 4th floor, facing main street. It was a delightful suite with a leather couch, queen bed and two person shower! The towels were fresh, thick and soft! The breakfast buffet was awesome with scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, waffles and more! We stayed three nights and enjoyed every minute! We were walking distance away from a variety of restaurants and the convention center.

Room Tip: Facing Main Street was really quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is clearly struggling. I would rank it closer to 2 1/2 stars - slightly below average.

The positives: A great location downtown; a newer property and a young clerk who graciously and knowledgably fielded no less than twenty of the most bizarre and inane questions asked by the guest in front of me as I waited to check-in.

The negatives: Despite that it is a newer building, it has problems. The room lacked lighting and the stand-up tiled showers leak outside the glass door. Not only did I have a large puddle waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower, but one glance to the ceiling told me that this was a problem in the shower above me as well. Also, the room was not very clean - dust in the corners.

The real problems: The charge for a parking fee is simply absurd. Really? There is plenty of parking in Grand Junction. I don't understand how they can think this is acceptable

The breakfast stunk. Worse yet - the milk was expired by ONE WEEK! When I pointed this out to the kitchen staff, she was not appalled. Although she fussed over the milk case, she did not remove any of the expired items for the remainder of the time that I sat there. It makes me wonder about the expiration dates on the eggs, sausages, pancake batter, etc. that I am not privy to see.

Advice: Stay elsewhere.

1  Thank T. Maria
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 3.05 pm and the front desk clerk looked at astonished that we wanted to book in booking in time was 3.00 pm we had to wait while he found out if our room was ready, when we did get to the room it was very small with no ware to sit only on the bed, the towels were paper thin and when we had a shower it leaked and flooded the floor. when we came in later after our evening meal there were people in the pool running around with beer bottles in there hand shouting and screaming this was near the front desk but no one did anything about it. when we went to bed we were woken by people shouting and running along the landing we had a very poor nights sleep.to top it all in the morning the toilet flush broke and we were charged 5 dollars to park. we told the desk about our problems and were told the manager was out so he could not do any thing about our complaints. we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
1  Thank ray1694
Greg B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about the inconvenience that was caused you during your stay. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter. Our goal is to make your stay the very best and if there are concern's, we address them immediately. We failed at our goal this time and we sincerely apologize. Please excuse our front desk staff for not handling the situation promptly.

I hope on a future trip to the area, you will give us a second chance to make a first impression.

Sincerely

Greg

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Grand Junction, CO by Amtrak. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 4 nights. The hotel is located within just a few blocks from the train station, an easy walk. Once we arrived at the Fairfield we received a friendly greeting and the person at the desk was very helpful in answering the questions we had about the area. We also received recommendations on nearby restaurants. We chose to have our evening meals at Naggy McGee's & Rockslider's. Both places were a short walk from the hotel and each restaurant had good food, service & craft beers. We enjoyed them enough to return a second time to each during our stay. Speaking of food....each morning at the Fairfield, we got off to a good start with a great breakfast. Many choices to choose from including my favorite, waffles. We had no problem finding what we wanted and a place to sit. Also, the silverware and ceramic plates was a nice addition.
During our stay, we encountered several staff members and each were friendly and willing to make our stay pleasant.
I should also mention that Enterprise Car Rental is a short walk from the hotel and the Colorado National Monument is about 10-15 minutes from this area of Grand Junction.

1  Thank TD-MO

We want to thank you so much for taking the opportunity to give us feedback on your recent visit. We understand that not everyone has the opportunity to provide a compliment which we so delightfully accept. We love to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and the downtown stores and restaurants were up to your expectations. The city has been working very hard to make the downtown the best ever and we encourage everyone to come see it when they come to town!

We hope that we have the opportunity to provide you with the same service you encountered on this visit!

Sincerely

#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
#9 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street

Address: 225 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501-7803 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street)
Location: United States > Colorado > Grand Junction
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Family Hotel in Grand Junction
#10 Business Hotel in Grand Junction
Price Range: $106 - $171 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street 2.5*
All suites property (formerly Main Street Suites) located on Historic Main Street in Downtown Grand Junction. Each suite is equipped with a Swedish Tempurpedic Mattress along with a microwave and mini fridge. Every morning we provide a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast buffet. All of our guest suites and public spaces are equipped with complimentary WiFi. With a variety of things to do, all within walking distance this is Fairfield Inn and Suites is the perfect location for your leisure travelers and convention attendees. Our staff looks forward to making your event a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you home to Fairfield Inn and Suites Grand Junction Downtown Historic Main Street and providing you with the very best in western hospitality! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Main Street Hotel Grand Junction