This hotel is clearly struggling. I would rank it closer to 2 1/2 stars - slightly below average.
The positives: A great location downtown; a newer property and a young clerk who graciously and knowledgably fielded no less than twenty of the most bizarre and inane questions asked by the guest in front of me as I waited to check-in.
The negatives: Despite that it is a newer building, it has problems. The room lacked lighting and the stand-up tiled showers leak outside the glass door. Not only did I have a large puddle waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower, but one glance to the ceiling told me that this was a problem in the shower above me as well. Also, the room was not very clean - dust in the corners.
The real problems: The charge for a parking fee is simply absurd. Really? There is plenty of parking in Grand Junction. I don't understand how they can think this is acceptable
The breakfast stunk. Worse yet - the milk was expired by ONE WEEK! When I pointed this out to the kitchen staff, she was not appalled. Although she fussed over the milk case, she did not remove any of the expired items for the remainder of the time that I sat there. It makes me wonder about the expiration dates on the eggs, sausages, pancake batter, etc. that I am not privy to see.
Advice: Stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suites property (formerly Main Street Suites) located on Historic Main Street in Downtown Grand Junction. Each suite is equipped with a Swedish Tempurpedic Mattress along with a microwave and mini fridge. Every morning we provide a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast buffet. All of our guest suites and public spaces are equipped with complimentary WiFi. With a variety of things to do, all within walking distance this is Fairfield Inn and Suites is the perfect location for your leisure travelers and convention attendees. Our staff looks forward to making your event a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you home to Fairfield Inn and Suites Grand Junction Downtown Historic Main Street and providing you with the very best in western hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Grand Junction
- Hawthorn Suites Grand Junction
- Hawthorn Hotel Grand Junction