Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is clearly struggling. I would rank it closer to 2 1/2 stars - slightly below average.

The positives: A great location downtown; a newer property and a young clerk who graciously and knowledgably fielded no less than twenty of the most bizarre and inane questions asked by the guest in front of me as I waited to check-in.

The negatives: Despite that it is a newer building, it has problems. The room lacked lighting and the stand-up tiled showers leak outside the glass door. Not only did I have a large puddle waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower, but one glance to the ceiling told me that this was a problem in the shower above me as well. Also, the room was not very clean - dust in the corners.

The real problems: The charge for a parking fee is simply absurd. Really? There is plenty of parking in Grand Junction. I don't understand how they can think this is acceptable

The breakfast stunk. Worse yet - the milk was expired by ONE WEEK! When I pointed this out to the kitchen staff, she was not appalled. Although she fussed over the milk case, she did not remove any of the expired items for the remainder of the time that I sat there. It makes me wonder about the expiration dates on the eggs, sausages, pancake batter, etc. that I am not privy to see.

Advice: Stay elsewhere.

1  Thank T. Maria
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 3.05 pm and the front desk clerk looked at astonished that we wanted to book in booking in time was 3.00 pm we had to wait while he found out if our room was ready, when we did get to the room it was very small with no ware to sit only on the bed, the towels were paper thin and when we had a shower it leaked and flooded the floor. when we came in later after our evening meal there were people in the pool running around with beer bottles in there hand shouting and screaming this was near the front desk but no one did anything about it. when we went to bed we were woken by people shouting and running along the landing we had a very poor nights sleep.to top it all in the morning the toilet flush broke and we were charged 5 dollars to park. we told the desk about our problems and were told the manager was out so he could not do any thing about our complaints. we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
1  Thank ray1694
Greg B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about the inconvenience that was caused you during your stay. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter. Our goal is to make your stay the very best and if there are concern's, we address them immediately. We failed at our goal this time and we sincerely apologize. Please excuse our front desk staff for not handling the situation promptly.

I hope on a future trip to the area, you will give us a second chance to make a first impression.

Sincerely

Greg

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Grand Junction, CO by Amtrak. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 4 nights. The hotel is located within just a few blocks from the train station, an easy walk. Once we arrived at the Fairfield we received a friendly greeting and the person at the desk was very helpful in answering the questions we had about the area. We also received recommendations on nearby restaurants. We chose to have our evening meals at Naggy McGee's & Rockslider's. Both places were a short walk from the hotel and each restaurant had good food, service & craft beers. We enjoyed them enough to return a second time to each during our stay. Speaking of food....each morning at the Fairfield, we got off to a good start with a great breakfast. Many choices to choose from including my favorite, waffles. We had no problem finding what we wanted and a place to sit. Also, the silverware and ceramic plates was a nice addition.
During our stay, we encountered several staff members and each were friendly and willing to make our stay pleasant.
I should also mention that Enterprise Car Rental is a short walk from the hotel and the Colorado National Monument is about 10-15 minutes from this area of Grand Junction.

1  Thank TD-MO

We want to thank you so much for taking the opportunity to give us feedback on your recent visit. We understand that not everyone has the opportunity to provide a compliment which we so delightfully accept. We love to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and the downtown stores and restaurants were up to your expectations. The city has been working very hard to make the downtown the best ever and we encourage everyone to come see it when they come to town!

We hope that we have the opportunity to provide you with the same service you encountered on this visit!

Sincerely

Greg B

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is nicely placed right in downtown Grand Junction. Room was large with fridge, microwave & coffee. Room and bathroom were very clean, with nice thick towels. One lovely thing is a separate large shower- bliss!! There is a supermarket just around the corner and it is just a short ride to restaurants and shopping centres. Staff very helpful with directions. Breakfast good with china plates and proper cutlery. Very good value for money paid. Would certainly stay here again if ever in the area.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a nice hotel and very comfortable to stay in. Rooms are large and the amenitites are great for the price. Breakfast included was better than expected. Only problem are the beds. They are Tempur-Pedics. Both my girlfriend and I cannot sleep on them for some reason. When we discovered the one in our room, I called down to the desk and was informed that all rooms have them. Ended up with sore backs from sleeping on the one in our room. She was to the point of tears from the back pain. Too bad. Everything else was great. Also, the bed creaked excessively when moving or getting in and out of bed. FYI: $5 charge to park in the hotel parking lot. Would definitely stay there again if they had different beds.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim O
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perfect location on Main Street, nicely remodeled, pleasant decor. Rooms are very large with sitting areas, kitchenettes, nice bathrooms & comfortable beds. The parking fee, however, is absolutely ridiculous! I can't imagine that many visitors DON'T drive to GJ - and charging a parking fee in a small town is crazy -- even if it is downtown. The fee should just be added to the room charge vs. irritating everyone who stays there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I wish every hotel experience could be as good as this Fairfield Inn & Suites in Grand Junction. The room was impreccably clean and spacious! I've seen apartments that are smaller than this room and we found out later that we didn't even have one of the larger rooms. Beautifully appointed with granite counter tops, a kitchen with full-size refrigerator, dishwasher and sink, and separate living and sleeping rooms, we loved our 3-night stay here. Located right in the heart of historic downtown, we walked to dinner every night. We are not "breakfast people" but the complimentary breakfast served here is the best we have encountered. The staff was friendly and helpful and although the charge per night for our dog seemed a little excessive, we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
#9 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street

Address: 225 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501-7803 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street)
Location: United States > Colorado > Grand Junction
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Family Hotel in Grand Junction
#10 Business Hotel in Grand Junction
Price Range: $108 - $220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street 2.5*
All suites property (formerly Main Street Suites) located on Historic Main Street in Downtown Grand Junction. Each suite is equipped with a Swedish Tempurpedic Mattress along with a microwave and mini fridge. Every morning we provide a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast buffet. All of our guest suites and public spaces are equipped with complimentary WiFi. With a variety of things to do, all within walking distance this is Fairfield Inn and Suites is the perfect location for your leisure travelers and convention attendees. Our staff looks forward to making your event a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you home to Fairfield Inn and Suites Grand Junction Downtown Historic Main Street and providing you with the very best in western hospitality! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Main Street Hotel Grand Junction