“"Orchard Mesa" location a great drop-in spot for breakfast”

Randy's Southside Diner
Ranked #60 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American
Description: VOTED BEST OF THE WEST 2015 FOR BREAKFAST RESTAURANTS! At Randy's Southside Diner we serve American style breakfast and lunch entree's. From pancakes to cheeseburgers we have all your favorites, so many choices that you may even find some new favorites. We're famous for our huge chicken fried steak and we have the best biscuits and gravy around. We bake our fresh cinnamon rolls from scratch and hand- make our own pork green chili that we feature with many of our dishes. We serve breakfast all day, in fact, it's our specialty. So, come to any of our three locations and experience our legendary service and have a delicious meal in a clean, comfortable family atmosphere. We are open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My mom and brother joined me for a quick breakfast before a nearby geocaching function. Quaint little spot right on the highway, there were quite a few cars in the lot, but we didn't have to wait to be seated. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of a great diner, and Randy's did not disappoint. Service was excellent even though the dining room was quite full. I had the pancakes and patty sausage. The pancakes were evenly cooked and just the right amount of fluffy. Their maple syrup was extra-tasty; We all speculated that the maple might have come from Canada, but it was probably something like Log Cabin, lol. Coffee was a bit weak, I'll get juice next time.

I found the prices to be good, it was $5.99 for 2 pancakes, 2 egss, and 2 bacon or sausage. I highly recommend the patty sausage, if you like that sort of thing. I will definitely stop again when I'm on that side of town.

2  Thank kdragnfli

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stopped here during my last trip to GJT, food was good, portions were huge and prices reasonable. We got there near closing on a Sunday so the service was ... spotty? our waitress was very friendly but obviously trying to get things done so less than super attentive. Good experience overall

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I visit GJT several time a year and always end up at Randy's for breakfast. Yes, I been to other diners in the area, but I've always returned to Randy's. There are always breakfast specials to go along with menu selections. The food is always cooked the way it was ordered and there is plenty of it. The staff is always pleasant and friendly no matter how busy they are.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I used to think that this was one of the best places to eat, and I was treated well by the staff. I neither had any problems nor witnessed any problems regarding disabled customers. I never met the owner, which I hear could be a good thing. The woman I thought was the owner was always extra nice. For the record, I am considered to be Caucasian, so I never felt discriminated against at Randy's Southside Diner.
My problem was that one morning I found pieces of swine flesh in my vegetarian omelet. There are just no words to express my revulsion at this discovery. I was raised in a Christian church in which no one ever eats meat from pigs. I personally have other strong reasons to not eat the flesh of the swine, plus the spiritual desecration feelings from my childhood. Then there were the microbiology & parasitology classes in college. Well... no more omelets there.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Clifton restaurant is just awesome, the servers are alert and friendly. Our family enjoys our weekly outings to eat here.