“Great Find”
Review of Dream Cafe

Dream Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a new restaurant in Grand Junction, Colorado. It has reviews popping up on Google. I do not see that they have website.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Holy Cow what a great little restaurant. Found on Main St. in old Grand Junction, CO. Very clean and prompt service. Good basic menu. I had the soup and salad and it was almost too much to eat. They give you generous portions. The salad was made with fresh greens and the balsamic dressing was just the way I like it, full of flavor.

1  Thank Japotter

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stop here each time I visit my daughter at the college. Excellent simple menu. Great Bloody Mary selection, I had the Bloody Maria with tequila, it is wonderful. Caution, no matter how much your kids dare you don't eat the huge Jalapeno on the glass ( I don't listen to myself well) it very hot. Pancakes are huge, cinnamon roll is huge. Great choices of mimosa's. Had the California Bene, was great. Service was excellent and attentive. Prices are good too. Again this is a must visit, I really don't see how anyone would be upset with the food. Oh had a lunch there one time too. Fish and chips are wonderful.

3  Thank Brian B
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The breakfasts really are special. Everything we ordered was delicious. Attentive, fast service. The homemade strawberry preserves are delicious, and such a welcome change from the pre-packaged jams you get in other restaurants.

2  Thank kerwin0959
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Gave it a try this past Saturday morning. Had to wait approximately 30 minutes for a table.

Once seated, initial service was quick. Coffee, juice and water arrived quickly. Once order was placed for food it came to a complete halt. Waitress did not come by to refill coffee, food took over 25 minutes to come out... should have been pretty simple - order of bacon and eggs with toast and a order of mixed specialty pancakes.

Eggs and bacon were fine - but difficult to screw up anyway.
Specialty pancakes... not so special. All were plain buttermilk pancakes with a cosl topping - one was pineapple, one bananna and the last was suppose to be blueberry but there were no blueberries to be found. Once we finally saw the waitress again - very close to the end of our meals - we asked about the blueberry. She apologized and went to the kitchen for what we assumed would be a blueberry pancake. Nope... all that arrive were approximately 12 cold blueberries (several of the squashed) and a tablespoon of granola on a plate... Now that's special.
Wouldn't go back or recommend. Maybe they are still working through growing pains as I understand they opened fairly recently but it is simple breakfast food.

3  Thank alar1960
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate here before doing the Tour of the Moon. We were on a schedule and the staff made sure we were served quickly and received our check timely.
I had pancakes that were just great with wonderful toppings.
Would highly recommend!!