“Lower Your Expectations”
Review of Dream Cafe

Dream Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a new restaurant in Grand Junction, Colorado. It has reviews popping up on Google. I do not see that they have website.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the kind of place that delights in thinking of itself as special. In reality, the atmosphere is above average, the food is pedestrian and the service is below average. I was really put off by the careless, flippant attitude of my waitress. One would think customers are to be treated like, well, guests. Instead, serving me seemed to be a chore for this lass. You may not care a hoot about the quality of the service, but for this man, it is a huge component of an enjoyable meal.

My breakfast was the three eggs, Dream potatoes and smoked bacon with rye toast. The eggs were cooked properly. The abnormally small portion of (Dream) potatoes was clumpy and tasteless. The bacon was tasty albeit cold when served. The price of $7.50 was not worth the quality of food. I found myself yearning for a Waffle House. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more had I been there for lunch but, seriously, who can mess up a breakfast?!?

I am not going to return.

1  Thank BRAD U

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had the chance to eat at the Dream Cafe on a second return to Grand Junction. My first visit was awesome! Excellent service and a wonderful crab cake benedict. On my second visit, the food was not as good - the potatoes were dry and the crab cake benedict was not as flavorful. Not sure why is was so different this time around.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Everything I've tried here is great!!! They offer fresh and unique menu items. We live in Grand Junction and come here at least once a month, if not several times a months. Great patio area on Main Street also.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were staying at the SpringHill Suites and wandered up to the Dream Cafe for breakfast. Great service and one of the best omelettes I've ever eaten... and the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have eaten here many times and each time I find the dishes change ever so slightly (in flavor not presentation.)
Recently the salmon on the Salmon Bene, though the fish was well cooked, did not seem very fresh and had a fishy flavor. It was also very salty and the Chipotle Hollandaise was nothing like the first time I tried this Benedict (when I did enjoy it.) The gravy in the Biscuits and Gravy had both pork and chicken sausage in it, which is unusual, because everytime I have had this dish before it had only the chicken-apple sausage in it. And last time I tried the Huevos it was incredibly bland, topped with an equally bland "salsa verde."
I haven't had lunch at this restaurant in a long time but The Rudofsky (portabello sandwich,) was very good last time I did. It was a favorite of many even when this restaurant was The Crystal Cafe.
We really love the atomosphere and the Spicey Mary's and generally receive good service but if the food continues to be mediocre we will probably be skipping this place in the future.