“Love this place!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #37 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: WELCOME TO THE LONGEST-RUNNING BACKYARD BBQ PARTY IN HISTORY! We serve amazing BBQ to friends and fellow food lovers. Reserve your seat now and join the best BBQ party in Colorado. MADE-FROM-SCRATCH GOODNESS! A passion for authentic BBQ is behind everything we do. We start with top quality meats, hand-rub them with fresh spices, and slow-cook them to perfection. FAMOUS DAVE: HE’S THE REAL DEAL! Raised by Southern-born BBQ lovers in a world of street-corner barrel smokers, Famous Dave spent 25 years visiting thousands of BBQ joints. After decades pulling his own all-night cooking sessions, he felt he was ready to open his own BBQ place in 1994. AMERICA’S MOST AWARD-WINNING RESTAURANT! Our passion for BBQ is famous! We’re honored to be consistently chosen as America’s favorite BBQ restaurant. We also like heading out to competitions and putting our BBQ up against what the other elite pitmasters are cooking. To date, we’ve won more than 700 awards!
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I really enjoy the food, love the coleslaw with pineapple and horseradish!! the chicken and brisket are amazing, love the corn on the cob, and everything else I've tried here. Yum!! Fun environment & great wait staff and management

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, and Famous Dave's was highly talked about by the front desk agent and 2 guests in the lobby. I couldn't have been happier. Great food. I loved the Friday night all you can eat Catfish!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Famous Dave's has its place in GJ. Bottom line is it's just another franchise dining option. I've probably eaten there about 5-6 times since they opened. Nothing exciting about the place, but generally the food will satisfy. I've had link sandwiches, various meat plates, experimented with side dishes, etc.

The service is always decent enough, and they seem to have a pretty good staff to patron ratio. No complaints there.

The only thing of any significance that I clearly do not like about this place is they cram tables into every nook and cranny, and the place can be very cramped at times. I like to relax and to some degree stretch out when I am eating, and not have people so close that they are coughing on me, etc. If you wind up with a table in the middle of the restaurant, and it is busy, be prepared for people bumping into you as they walk by, or you will find yourself ducking and bending forward as people come and go. Feels like you are negotating an obstacle course just to get to your table or the restroom sometimes. Even the booth seating space is smaller than average. This is what happens when a franchise is trying to move 'em in and out. Less focus on the customer experience and more on the cash register ringing.

If I am at or near the mall, and craving BBQ, this place will do the trick. If I am craving good BBQ, this place does not even pop up on my radar. Rib City in either Fruita or on the east end of North Avenue is a far better choice for bbq.

1  Thank BigMountainTraveler
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We decided to check out Famous Dave's after the restaurant we wanted to go to hadn't opened yet and I am sooo glad we did!! They have amazing food for being a chain restaurant! I have never really cared for cornbread until last night! It was delicious! My husband even said it was better than his moms and that is saying a lot! Cole slaw was really good as were the baked beans and I don't really care for baked beans either. The ribs were outstanding. The pulled pork was good but I have had better. The brisket was really good too! Their new Brisket Burger was so tasty! I had a side of mac and cheese with my burger and it was also very good and a little spicy. My daughter loved her kid's burger too! My son was a complete mess after digging into the ribs! Our waitress was very nice but did have to ask for refills on our drinks. The atmosphere in the restaurant was fun and comfortable! Can't wait to go back again!!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Better than all the others! Consistent, tastsy & affordable.