“GREAT Beds!! Great Stay Overall”

SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Fort Collins, Colorado
“GREAT Beds!! Great Stay Overall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is located right at the end of the historic downtown strip, so great for going out to dinner and drinks! The hotel looks very slick as far as decorations go. Hotel staff was friendly. The pool is very small and we couldn't find any pool towels either. But on to the main attraction of this hotel! THE BEDS WERE AWESOME! Best nights sleep I have ever had, at a hotel, or at home. Beds were soft, pillows were great! My buddy who stayed with me also had the same opinion. So either our beds at really suck haha or these beds were the best! Thanks SpringHill Suites for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NoCoBro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is right in downtown Grand Junction. If you are seeking something right on I-70, that is NOT a good location for you because it is a few miles off the highway. However, if you want to be downtown, then it's perfect because just outside the hotel is the cute town, where you can shop and eat. We were there on a Sunday evening, which meant pretty much everything was closed down though.

The hotel is nice enough. I liked the bathrooms which one area with a toilet and sink and then a separate room with a shower and sink. This configuration is convenient if you have a few people needing to get ready at the same time.

Breakfast was good. Springhill Suites has upgraded their breakfasts to include meat and cheese plus fresh fruit (we had strawberries here). That's really a nice touch.

Others have posted the $5 parking fee. I think that is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who comes to Grand Junction is going to have a car. This is not in Chicago or New York. This is a small town. I would rather just have the $5 added to the room rate. And if the management wants to limit guests to one car per room in the lot and add the fee after that, then I would understand, but charging for one car is very tacky.

The other thing is that we had a first time horrible experience with terrible housekeeping in a Marriott branded hotel (which we stay in a lot). My son opened the pull-out couch. It had sheets already on it. But as he was getting in the bed, he noticed there was popcorn inside the sheets. We had not eaten any popcorn, so that means the previous guest had eaten popcorn, and then housekeeping had not changed the sheets. It's absolutely disgusting to think that if the popcorn had not been there, we would not have known the sheets were dirty, and my son would have slept on them.

Upon checkout, I told the manager about this experience. He explained that the housekeeping was being changed that day (strange coincidence) and then asked me if we called for clean sheets after discovering the popcorn. I told him that we hadn't needed to because we found a clean set in the closet, so we just pulled the dirty ones off the couch and changed them ourselves. He then told me that housekeeping is supposed to make sure there is no evidence of prior guests in the room...well, yeah, that's true, but I think changing the sheets is one of the basic and first things they are supposed to do. It's not about evidence of prior guests. It's about the disgusting dirty sheets not being changed.

Anyway, he did take a small amount off of our bill because of the complaint I made, but I was not happy that this happened in the first place, and it makes you wonder how dirty the rest of the place is.

Oh, then I thought we had forgotten something in the room, so about two hours after checking out, I called the hotel to see if someone had found it. The person who answered the phone said she would talk to housekeeping and call me back in "a few minutes." But, I never received a phone call, which I assume means they did not find the item, but still, it would have been nice for her to call me back like she said she would.

This hotel itself is nice. The location is fine. I just wish that the service and housekeeping were up to standards.

1 Thank ProfandMom
Greg B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your visit. I just wanted to follow up with you on the parking fee. Being in a downtown location we do offer monitored parking with in and out privileges. We sincerely apologize that your sofa bed was not clean when you checked in. I had a conversation with our housekeeping staff and your issues were our first concern, and they are being addressed. We won't provide any excuses to why this happened, only a resolution so it won't happen again.

I have also followed up with our front desk regarding the return phone call to you, and have stressed the importance of guest service and accountability.

We take great pride in making sure every guest has a great experience with us. We hope that if you are in Grand Junction in the future that you will stay with us again so we can have another opportunity to host you properly.

Sincerely Greg
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

After driving all day as part of our trek from LA to Colorado, all we wanted was a quiet room in a convenient location. As for the location, it is pretty great, since you can walk to restaurants and shops downtown. But as for the quiet room? Not so much. My husband and I were very disappointed in the room layout...awkward to say the least. The walls are paper thin and we could hear our neighbors at night, and then the people next to us slamming the door the next morning as they packed their car for what seemed like an hour.
We specifically asked for a quiet room upon reservation as well as check-in, and that was not what we encountered. Also, there is a huge light to illuminate the parking lot at night, and even with the double curtains, our room was too bright to sleep. Luckily I had my eye mask. But even with ear plugs and eye mask, it was a fitful, noisy night.
The breakfast is your average sub-par American continental, not even worth waking up in time for. There are, however, good places near by on Main street.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the top floor. We requested this, but it was not granted, thus the light from t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jetfiretraveler
Seminole, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is our 5th family road trip of 40 or more days, and so we have stayed in quite a lot of hotels, including easily a dozen Springhills. Overall, this was the best Springhill so far because 1/ the beds were supercomfortable 2/ they were queen size beds (some Springhills have double beds) 3/ the rooms were the CLEARLY the largest of any Springhill we have stayed in 4/ the overall look and location of the place and last but not least 5/ both an indoor saline pool and the use of the outdoor chlorine pool at the Hampton Inn across the not busy Main Street at the Hampton Inn. This was great for our swim-crazy 11-year old, who used both pools.....a lot.

Size of room matters when you have five in your party and Dad needs to sit at the desk while junior sleeps in the sofabed. In many Springhills, once the sofa bed in opened, you can't sit at the desk. I travel with a road bike, and they let me store it in their office, although in this case there would have been plenty of room in our room.

The $5 parking was a turnoff at first, but if you don't like it, do street parking. If you drink, the lobby bar has 2 draft beer between 5 and 6:30. The Rock Slide BrewPub down the street may have good food, but the beer was average if you are a beer geek.

We ended up in Grand Junction because of a problem with our hotel in Moab. We are glad we did. Grand Junction is a good town to have a two night one day rest day in, with many ambitious restaurants and Colorado National Monument (CNM) literally just up the road. If you have visited Grand Canyon, Deadhorse Point and Canyonlands NP, then it is enought to drive some of CNM from Grand Junction towards Fruita (as opposed to doing it in the other direction). Go as far as the Echo Canyon, great fun for kids of all ages. Ask when you enter the park which stop the Echo Canyon is at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the rave review! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give us the excellent feedback..We strive to ensure that our guests are getting what they pay for and it looks like this time we hit the nail on the head!

Thank You!

Greg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We enjoyed our 1 night stay at the hotel. Great location with walking distance to Main Street with tons of restaurants and shops. Beautiful views from our window of the mountains. The room is spacious, modern, and clean. Walked to great pizza place Pablo's that I highly recommend as well. We would come back to this hotel, and area. Great start to our vacation.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malinda H
American abroad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect in downtown Grand Junction, but this hotel exceeded all expectations -- probably one of the best Marriott properties were have ever stayed in. The location was great for walking to downtown restaurants and the room was spacious and spotless. Would make this our first choice if we ever go back to the area and would highly recommend.

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice location and easy access to downtown. Super friend staff and very good nice place to stay. Room is big and good for family to stay. Love to have the extra space with quality in mind. I really enjoy the time stay in this hotel and will recommend for any family to stay.