SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Grand Junction
Montrose, Colorado
“Perfect in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When my boyfriend booked two nights for New Years I was a little bummed because I typically stay across the street at another hotel which I was always pleased with. But when I checked in at SpringHill I was blown away. It feels like a little bit of New York city in the middle of Grand Junction. Everything was bright, modern, hip and comfortable. Randy at the front desk greeted me with a giant smile and he was professional, kind and welcoming. Our room was spottless, quiet and the separate bathroom and living room areas were perfect. My boyfriend is a Marriott Elite traveler for work and stays in hotels over 150 nights a year. He LOVES SpringHill because of the ease in check in, perfect location and professional staff (especially Randy). They allowed our trained 6 month old puttpy and we were very pleased the at fee was a fair, $25 extra. I will not stay anywhere else now when in Grand Junction.
We felt at home and we even had some New Years Eve cocktails at their nice bar after dinner in town afterwards because it was such a perfect spot. The bartender was great and the mood/other customers set the right tone. Thank you.

Room Tip: They all are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SouthernBelle69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here a few times a year for the last several years and the staff is always very friendly/helpful/competent. Dry cleaning is picked up at 0800 and was returned by about 1500. $5 parking fee along with "downtown development tax" are each a little ridiculous. Don't pay an extra $5 a day. There is plenty of free parking nearby.
Fridge and microwave in each room.
Breakfast is included but not really worth mentioning.
The location is great - right downtown and stumbling distance to several bars and many good places to eat. Grocery store also a block away.
This is a good place to stay when I go home to visit family and friends.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason B
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I spent a quick night here in December of 2012. We arrived very late and check-in was a piece of cake and the staff was prepared and friendly.
This hotel has many pros and cons that may or may not bring us back as we frequent Grand Junction often. First the pros: friendly, competent staff, modern decor, clean, decent gym, nice little bar, comfortable bed, separate commode area from shower, great desk area for working. Cons: It's the middle of winter, freezing cold and the heat was not on in our room at check-in. It was 4 am before I could feel my feet. Not sure if I've missed something in all my travel or is it common to put the flat sheet on top of the comforter? No cover over the light fixture over the bed. The sliding door to the commode area is 2 feet from the bed and VERY noisy. The towels are thin and worn. Yet, I liked this hotel.... Depending on my plans in town I would stay there again unless I need to be by the airport. There are nicer hotels in that area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan K
Ada oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

very nice hotel, friendly staff, good selection for breakfast, nice bar, comfy beds.
this hotel on main street is a winner, walk to shopping, grocery, a short drive to sight seeing at the monument. I will be back again and again. parking is 5 bones but its secure and safe.its everything a Marriott should be. a suite with private bathroom area and great shower. I love this hotel.

Room Tip: a room looking over main street is the nicest view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Montrose, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Polite staff and comfortable beds. Very noisy rooms regarding hallway noise. Elevator failed; had to walk up 5 flights (not good if arthritic) There is a hidden $5 "Daily parking fee." Won't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here Nov. 21-24. The hotel was just OK. The biggest complaint I had was with the noise level within the hotel. It just did not seem to me that the rooms were sufficiently sound proofed. We heard every conversation in the hallway outside our room and every step that was taken in the room above ours. In addition, on Friday night the revelry on the street outside our third floor room kept us awake until early in the morning. I also did not like the layout of the "suite". To me "suite" implies that the sitting room area can be closed off from the sleeping are. Not so. There is just a partial glass screen between the two areas. My fault for not doing better research.
Marriott properties are usually our first choice. Next time I will pass over Springhill and go for something else--like a Residence Inn.
PS--and what's the deal with no towel racks in the bathroom?!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Followed the reviews on Trip Adviser to this hotel. Great hotel in downtown Grand Junction. Furnishings and amenities were great. Room had a modern clean design. Bed was comfortable. Staff was more than helpful. Only drawback was having to pay extra for parking. Grand Junction is not a very large town, parking shouldn't have been a problem.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple