“Looks aren't everything”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Montrose, Colorado
“Looks aren't everything”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Polite staff and comfortable beds. Very noisy rooms regarding hallway noise. Elevator failed; had to walk up 5 flights (not good if arthritic) There is a hidden $5 "Daily parking fee." Won't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here Nov. 21-24. The hotel was just OK. The biggest complaint I had was with the noise level within the hotel. It just did not seem to me that the rooms were sufficiently sound proofed. We heard every conversation in the hallway outside our room and every step that was taken in the room above ours. In addition, on Friday night the revelry on the street outside our third floor room kept us awake until early in the morning. I also did not like the layout of the "suite". To me "suite" implies that the sitting room area can be closed off from the sleeping are. Not so. There is just a partial glass screen between the two areas. My fault for not doing better research.
Marriott properties are usually our first choice. Next time I will pass over Springhill and go for something else--like a Residence Inn.
PS--and what's the deal with no towel racks in the bathroom?!

• Stayed November 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Followed the reviews on Trip Adviser to this hotel. Great hotel in downtown Grand Junction. Furnishings and amenities were great. Room had a modern clean design. Bed was comfortable. Staff was more than helpful. Only drawback was having to pay extra for parking. Grand Junction is not a very large town, parking shouldn't have been a problem.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed only one night as a stopover on a long road trip...children in-tow. The room was mostly clean (aside some pizza crusts found under the couch pull-out bed, everything was clean). It was nice to have the fridge/microwave in the room. The king bed was comfortable. Since we couldn't get a room with two beds, we had planned on putting our two boys (8 and 3 years old) together on the couch pull-out bed - turns out it was too small so the 3 year old ended up on the chaise part of the couch (with the couch cushions wedged on either side of him to make sure he didn't finish the night on the floor). Not a big deal at all, but it would be rough for a full-sized adult type person to sleep on the pull-out bed...not that any adult would expect sleeping in total comfort on a pull-out bed, but this one was especially small - I would say relegated to the 13 and under crowd.
Breakfast was nice the next morning. The only thing I really did not like about the hotel is we arrived fairly late (maybe 9 pm) and the parking lot was full. We had to park down the block on the street. Not the biggest deal in the world, but I never love leaving my car on the street in downtown of a city (even if it's not a huge metropolis) and we had to make sure we were downstairs in time to put money in the parking meter (or move the car to the hotel parking lot) because we couldn't rally the kids to ready before 8 am. Also, the hotel charged us a $5 parking fee for the pleasure of parking on the street. Overall I would stay here again. The things I felt were slight misses are all things I could probably overlook if I was looking for a spot to stay in Grand Junction again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay with us, we really appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that you were not able to find a spot in our lot or on our designated street parking. Our front desk should have directed you to our sister property's lot across the street. I will make sure this is addressed so other travelers may avoid having to do the same. We hope on a future trip, we will get the opportunity to serve you again! Thanks for choosing SpringHill Suites!
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staying at the Springhill was a wonderful experience pretty much all around. The furnishings in the hotel were great, and the lounge was a beautiful touch. I was in town for a wedding and stayed with two friends. While the room was large and beautiful I would recommend this hotel for either couples or traveling alone as the bathroom is right at the foot of the bed and is only enclosed with a frosted glass door, which can make things awkward.

Other than that I thought that the room layout was fantastic and as usual I was very happy with the marriott beds :) The layout is very conducive for business travel as the bed and work area are separated by a small wall. The room as a whole was large and comfortable and the more modern small touches were very appreciated such as the in headboard reading lamp and outlets on the bedside lamps.

The shower was also a HUGE bonus! Great water pressure and body sprayers in the shower were awesome, also a nice little bench for shaving legs or putting your toiletries on. The small touches are what I really appreciate in a hotel and for the price I think the Springill is a great bargain. It is also located so well in Downtown Grand Junction. As I mentioned I was in town for a wedding and we only used the car once the whole time we were there!

Lovely stay and a lovely hotel, I would not hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking time out of your valuable day to write a review of your stay! We look forward to serving you again soon! Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Super hotel!! So ultra modern and just first class in every way. Surprised to find this caliber of facility in Grand Junction! Outstanding bathroom set up. Shower and sink are separate and can be closed off from the room so sleeping parties are not disturbed. Terrific location in the heart of the historic district. Friendly and efficient staff. Outstanding value for such upscale amenities. Super comfortable bed and just all around great room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such kind words regarding your stay with us! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as you did! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing us!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed two nights recently. This is a pleasent, very well-located hotel in Grand Junction, a much underated town. Very helpful staff at reception. Good breakfast. No complaints whatever. Good value. Recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I am very pleased we met your expectations! We look forward to serving you again in the future!