“Great food!”

Bin 707 Foodbar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seasonal American Cuisine, Wine and Cocktails from local, Colorado and domestic sources
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Date night with my wife--we got there in time for Happy Hour specials so the cost was better. Our favorite item that night was the Skinny Fries--with Terragon, Goat Cheese, & Aioli--yum!!! We also had the pork tacos that were ok. Will be going back for sure!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went for New Years dinner without reservations. The place was rocking but we were lucky to be greated immediatly, ordered a drink at the bar and had a table for two within 10 minutes. Everything from start to finish was perfect. Interesting, clever menu items. Fabulous drinks, nice crowd, perfect furnishing and the best of all- PROFESSIONAL staff. They are the best around. Made our evening perfect. I had only been once before a year ago and I'm so glad that things are still 150% there. I wish I lived closer so that I could grab lunch there often. Happy New Year! Loved the cheese plates and the 007 cocktail.

2  Thank SouthernBelle69
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The first thing that struck me was the clean, straight-line décor. My immediate impression was this place was out of place in Grand Junction. The interior seemed a little cold to me and I didn’t hold out much hope for lunch. I was very pleased when the waiter immediately engaged us in small talk and sort of “broke the ice”. The longer we stayed the more (really nice members of the) staff we met. All were pleasant and helpful.

For lunch my wife had the burger that most of the other reviewers rave about. I had a bite and they are right – it was one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. It was just the basic with mushrooms added, but it was exceptional. It came with a good sized pile of well seasoned (and not greasy) French fries. I had to be a little different and ordered French toast with lemon-blueberry syrup and bacon. Four large pieces of French toast with two pieces of bacon was more than enough to fill me up. The waiter also suggested the house mint iced tea. I’m no snob about tea, but I’m generally cautious of mint teas. Not here. It was almost a shock it was so good. Lunch for two ran about $25.

If I had to fault any part of the meal it would have to be the bacon. I like thin sliced and crisp. This was thick cut and chewy, but still good.

When we left we mentioned that we were from out of town. We were given a card with the restaurant’s web site, and told we could check there to see specials and any changes to the menu. By the time I left I felt very welcome there and I am looking forward to going back.

2  Thank Escarcha
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The superb, eclectic cuisine offered by this restaurant is well worth a few extra miles' drive into town. The menu reflects a very creative chef, and the prices are reasonable. I especially liked the San Francisco-style seafood stew. There is also a full bar with good wine selection. A real find in western Colorado!

1  Thank rowdyroo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I live in GJ and Bin 707 has become our favorite restaurant. The food is excellent and fairly priced. The service is prompt and friendly and the ambiance is just right for Grand Junction. The menu changes depending on why is available and they try to source as much as possible locally.

Their Happy Hour is a tremendous bargain. We will often go and get a "Bin Burger" and a couple of beers and can do it for 20.00 plus tip. On the other hand you can go a little nuts and have one of their great appetizers (I especially like their deviled eggs - when have you seen deviled eggs on a menu before?), an entrée, wine and one of their great deserts.

A review of Bin would not be complete without mentioning their bar. I am a bit of an amateur mixologist and find it very difficult to get a satisfactory cocktail. Usually we drink wine or beer as they are a safe bet. Bin has some excellent specially cocktails that we enjoy. They use top shelf ingredients and are generous. In my view Bin had the best bar in town.

I also need to thank the owner and his wife for introducing us the Pinot des Charentes by A. E. Dor. This fabulous and little known French aperitif has become a favorite at our house.

My favorite restaurants in Colorado are Colt and Gray in Denver and Bin 707 in Grand Junction.

1  Thank Chuck B