“Consistantly good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Patterson
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is not like the Rockslide Brewery in beer selection, but its food is about the same: where it excels is in the service. The beer is locally brewed, but again, I prefer the Rockslide for beer. I was disappointed that the salmon was farm raised. Probably most restaurants use factory farm foods to cut costs; another encouragement to eat at home. However, this place is definitely worth going to: good tasting food, excellent service, and a great atmosphere ( I never went there when there was a live band). Where this brewery shines over the Rockslide is in consistency, excellent service, and they were always polite and legal concerning my service dog: no problems at all, from anybody. As a disabled person they treated me very well. The service was very friendly and the atmosphere was happy, almost joyful. The prices were equivalent to other beer restaurants, and fair for the prices of the food.

There are newer reviews for The Ale House

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Ale House has a varied menu from salmon and tuna to steak and bratwurst. The local beers served there are great.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped by on a Sunday evening and the place was packed. Got lucky enough to enjoy the outdoor seating on the patio. Our server was great and took extremely good care of us and the food was excellent. They have a big variety of beers and other adult beverages.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

After checking into our hotel and asking the front desk staff for a recommendation on a good restaurant in town we decided to eat here. The food did not disappoint. We had the BLAT and the Brie chicken sandwiches. They were both wonderful. We also shares the beer sampler...the food and the beer were awesome and the prices were moderate. We'll be back if we're ever in tone again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I liked the atmosphere and the friendly staff. The service was great. The food was pretty good (I always ate vegetarian, because I don't eat mammals--for ethical reasons,and I often don't eat chicken when eating-out: I love eating seafood if it is not lobster--also for ethical reasons, when the seafood is cooked right... I am picky about that) : oops -- I did eat the shrimp apetizer one time and it was great). I thought the service here was very good. The price was a little high for me (on a fixed income), but not really high for the quality of food.