“Peaceful and Clean”

Spoons Bistro & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 269 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At Spoons our philosophy is simple - fresh, local, from the heart. Our food not only boasts local flavor but also handmade quality. While you savor your meal, know that you are also supporting HopeWest - a non-profit organization dedicated to profoundly changing the way our community experiences serious illness and grief - one family at a time.
“Peaceful and Clean”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We stopped as we traveled through and agree with the previous reviews. The food is fresh using local produce, GREAT price and clean. Bathrooms are spotless and it's just 1.5 miles off the interstate and well worth it! We sat outside by the fountain to eat and it was beautiful and peaceful. A much needed rest stop as we still had 8 hrs of traveling ahead of us!

• Visited July 2014

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Avoid Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went to the brunch during the noon hour and was very disappointed. First the positive aspects: the price is reasonable and the staff are friendly. However, the negatives this time were very noticeable. It took 1 hr. and 5 min. from the time that we ordered at the counter to when the monitor went off indicating that the food was ready. There was no systematic way to get orders to the customers. Some got their food early while others at the table had to wait. The meals were not distributed in the order that they were taken at the cash register. While sitting inside for over an hour, I noticed that staff did not clean any of the tables. The cloth table covers were dirty and never changed or removed. Customers had to clean any dirty dishes from the tables and attempt to clean the covers if food was left on the table tops. My observation was that the restaurant was under staffed both in the kitchen and out front for the number of customers. The California BLT was soggy and the string potatoes were cooked too long and extremely crispy. The biscuits on the biscuits and gravy were hard and not edible. I have eaten at this restaurant at other times without as many dificiencies, so my advice would be go when there isn't a crowd.

Rhode Island
“Good food, right price”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The menu has sufficient variety to appease a number of picky eaters. The food was very good, and the prices were reasonable. There is a nice bistro area outside, and the inside area is clean and well-maintained.

Orders are placed and paid for at a counter. When your food is ready, you pick it up at another counter, and must clear your table when you're done. Despite this, it has the feel of a nice sit-down restaurant. Definitely check it out.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Right portions, right price, great food”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

While trying to locate this restaurant, I thought we were in the wrong area of town, but boy, is it worth finding! The tables all had cloth table covers and napkins and had the feel of an upscale restaurant. When I hesitantly looked at the menu, I was pleasantly surprised by the price!

We received fresh bread and homemade crackers along with a lemon and shallot whipped butter. It had a wonderful, distinct flavor and prepared us well for the meal to come. I ordered the Spinach-stuffed Portabello Mushroom with feta cheese, shallots and walnuts and it was delicious! I had a sweet potato for a side with brown sugar glaze and candied pecans which was more like a dessert than a side. My husband had the Cavatappi Pesto and he really enjoyed it, but I think he liked my mushroom even better as he kept stealing bites of it! For dessert, we split one of the Best Brownie Ever and a caramel bar. The brownie had fresh local toffee pieces and whipped local cream and was SO tasty! The caramel bar was just enough gooey goodness to perfectly top off the meal.

I will now plan time in my travel schedule to stop at this wonderful restaurant!

P.S. The proceeds from the restaurant directly support HopeWest, an organization supporting those with terminal illnesses and those who care for them.

Denver, Colorado
“Lovely Hideaway”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Tucked away off of 12th street in a garden like setting is a nice little restaurant. Great food and good prices. Try it, you'll want to come back.

• Visited May 2014