“Fair deal”

Ranked #8 of 11 Grand Junction B&B and Inns
Westcliffe, Colorado
“Fair deal”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is well located near downtown. We found the management friendly on check-in and check-out and willing to give us local information and directions. Our room (118) showed age and wear (carpet, walls, bathroom tile, etc.) although it appears to be as well maintained as possible. The beds were good and there was a coffee maker so I was happy. Good price for a night.

Room Tip: Rooms vary so be sure to look first.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Connersville, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Rodway Inn is conveniently located in downtown area,walking distance to mesa mall,restaurants and Burger king.The room was clean,bed are comfortable .The front staff were very helpful.I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Dave s
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed November 2, 2012

For a start... this hotel is not American owned, and the attitude thrown by the clerk/owner for me not knowing whatever his native language was bad enough... but he was spending so much time throwing attitude at the person in front of me that it took some 45 minutes to check him in... the wait time was unreal for such a small place and reminded me of the check in wait times at Las Vegas Mega resorts... without the mega resort or the hundreds of people in front of me in line.

So an HOUR after I pulled in the lot I finally got my room key, got in the room and it was so gross that we put towels over the sheets and slept with our clothes and shoes on.

The daylight revealed a thin film of other peoples pubic hair covering the beds which felt like they were stuffed with rocks.

The television was about 50 years old, and all the channels were grainy.

The pool was not only not open, but looked like it was partially torn apart.... it is tiny and surrounded by two story brick and cement walls... and if it had been open, wouldn't have been very inviting.

The next morning the clerk with attitude came running out to charge me $$30 MORE because he noticed we had a dog.... we booked the room on priceline and it said "pet friendly" and mentioned NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR PETS.

Our room ended up costing $102 for the night with the additional pet fee.... the pubic hair on the bed, and the fecal material smeared around the toilet bowl was free!

If you want a clean place to sleep in Grand Junction I should imagine that the sewers are cleaner.

If you want an inexpensive place to stay in Grand Junction the Doubletree, Hampton, Clarion, and Holiday Inns are all 100% better.... and the same price.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel, it's that simple.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikethebunny

Travelers are raving about these Grand Junction hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This rodway Inn is great place to stay,the room were clean and mattress was comfortable.The room had all the necessary amenities.location is great close to mall and restaurants and grocery stores.Breakfast is avearge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The only positive I can cite is the location of the property, within easy walking distance of the downtown area, which is quite nice. Upon my arrival in the lobby, there was a man sitting on the couch rocking back and forth but no one behind the counter. I rang a bell on counter and waited several more minutes with no response. Rang the bell again (louder) and a woman emerged from the back. She found my reservation and I had requested a quieter location, so asked if I could have a room on the second floor. She said "your room is on the first floor" and seemingly had a poor grasp of English. During this exchange, the fellow on the couch began to weigh in, apparently he was her husband/mate but hadn't bothered to help me find anyone earlier. The location is quite noisy, located on a very busy route and I could see a gap around the door that was big enough to fit a finger through. There was not even a clock in the room, and more unacceptable, no clothes hangers. The room was dingy, dirty and noisy. I have never spent so much for so little.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor which do not face directly on the busy street would be the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TheOracle_7
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It is by no means the Hilton, but if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay for the night. this is it. The room needed a little maintenance and the pool area needs some up grading. the room was clean, quiet.

I reserved the most inexpensive room a smoking double queen, when i checked in they asked if i really wanted a smoking room and i said no. i ended up with a double queen non smoking room for the same price.

The breakfast was the usual danishes and drinks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The one good thing I remember was, that I had a comfy couch in the office to wait my turn to check in. After that it was downhill. First, the key cards didn't work, fortunately its a small complex so the walk back to the office to have the keys programmed, was short. The room overall felt dirty, and run down. The double sinks handles were confusing going different directions for off and on, and one dripped constantly no matter how hard you turned to stop it. The bathroom was so small you had to shut the door to move around in there. Apparently that was why it was obvious that the housekeeping staff couldn't get the floor clean behind the door. There was about and inch wide grout line between the floor tile and the tub that was grey.
Despite the heat of the day being near 90, the pool was freezing, but the "hot" tub was bathwater warm and there was no button to push to start the bubbles - two major requirements for a hot tub! Which then leads me to towels. Two towels for two people, after a soak in the "warm tub" leaves NO towels for a shower...i had to dry off with the hand towel.
The "cable" TV seemed to be intermittent. At random intervals the picture would go fuzzy like there was interference. There was no hairdryer, no luggage stand, and no clock.
The bed was relatively comfortable..for a hotel, with plenty of pillows, but two beds and only one blanket. After reading a bit before bed, I put my book on the nightstand and briefly touched its surface and found it sticky. The heater/cooler unit had been set at a cool and comfortable temp that blew on and off even if you had it on fan. When it was on it was too cold and when it was off it was too warm. We set it where we thought it was livable, until the middle of the night when I woke up sweating and couldn't get it to cool or go on at all, we hit every button until i decided to try the heat and THEN it kicked on...
At about 2:30am we were awakened by a possible boyfriend/girlfriend fight, seemingly right outside our door that was several minutes of a contest to see how many F-bombs can be screamed at each other. That was followed by our neighbors next door returning after a bachelor party. I guess the walls are heavily insulated since they did not seem loud-YAY!
The next morning, we found that the cheese and drinks we had put in the refrigerator had nearly frozen completely.
I checked out the "Continental" breakfast in the office the next morning, and returned with a lonely cup of orange juice. Mini danishes, packages of oatmeal and some apples was the selection. We went to Subway.
About a 100 bucks a night did not seem like a deal to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple