“Nice Hotel near I-70”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here one night while traveling on I-70. Got a really great price through Hotwire. The front desk staff was very pleasant and check-in was quick. The room was well-furnished and clean. Everything in the room worked properly. Nice water flow in the shower. Free Wi-Fi worked just fine. I was not bothered by any sounds from the other guests, but the hotel was not crowded the night I was there. My room was on the side facing the parking lot, away from I-70, and I was not bothered by road noise. There are several restaurants nearby, as well as a credit union with an ATM. The hotel has a nice indoor pool. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from I-70
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank OregonOpus

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Staff was friendly. Other reviewers are accurate about the thin walls and traffic noise. I stayed on the highway side and by 6:30 am on a weekday, you could clearly hear the traffic. I have stayed at a hotel across the highway before and never noticed the traffic. I would say besides the lobby being nicer, the hotel is no different then a standard Holiday Inn. I got a great rate on Priceline, which I rarely use, and glad I did not pay asking price for the hotel as I think the hotel in not a 3 star hotel when compared to others in the area of the same category.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding our hotel. We always appreciate our guests feedback, good or bad. On behalf of the entire staff, I apologize for the traffic noise that you experienced.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The rooms are a good size, comfortable and clean. I had dinner in the bar. My chicken parm sandwich was yummy and the waitress and bartender were very friendly. I used the free shuttle service to go downtown. The driver was very friendly and helpful. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scout77
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed all our services. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had a lovely experience at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport...started out that my friends were late...hadnt even checked in yet..I waited in the bar area...immediately got service...staff was very friendly kept me occupied for the duration of my wait...my friends arrived and we continued with our evening...we used the shuttle and the driver was a prince... now I hadn’t meant to come BACK to the hotel but circumstances decided for me..I asked if the shuttle could take me back to my car in the AM and was told yes..and they did..it was a different driver but the service and smile were the same...I had a wonderful unexpected treat staying at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport...I highly recommend it...they handle the unexpected with aplomb and humour...

Room Tip: walls do seem a little thin so if you like your music a little on the loud side..ask them to put you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Doreen P
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments about your wonderful stay here with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites. We are always happy to hear when our guests have such an amazing experience including our bar and shuttle service. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a nice hotel with ample parking, you can easily fit a straight truck in their parking lot. Beautiful lobby, there is a sports bar in the rear of the lobby.
The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable, and the rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Lori B
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments on your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn & Suites. We very much appreciate your feedback and we take great pride in ensuring that all our guests enjoy their accomodations just as you did.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is nice, clean and well appointed. Our room was spacious and clean. We had zero problems with the hotel itself, the location or our room.
Our only complaint was that the staff was either somewhat rude or very misinforned. We came home from a late evening at grandpas and called the front desk to see if an exception could be made to the 10pm closing of the pool as it was almost 10. We have no problem abiding by the rules (which is why I called). The woman at the front desk told us there was no problem making an exception to the closing time as long as we kept the noise low. My 4 year old daughter was so excited, we all changed into our suits and headed down only to be told by another member of the staff that we couldn't use the pool. My daughter left in tears. In addition, the waitress at the bar was borderline rude at every interaction.
The hotel is nice enough, but the staff does not live up to what I expect when I stay away from home.

• Stayed: November 2013
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It's extremely unfortunate that your wonderful stay was tarnished by our staff's communication issues. On behalf of the entire hotel, I apologize for our service breakdown and appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stay here a maybe six nights per month. This Holiday Inn is great. Front desk staff is courteous and attentive. Shuttle driver is always prompt and helpful. Rooms are nice. Restaurant has great food! All in all, a great stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stays with us. We are always thrilled when our valued guests enjoy all the services here at the Holiday Inn & Suites. And we appreciate you staying with us.