“Very helpful~!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My son's had to find a hotel to travel to Grand Junction for college orientation (at CMU) recently and after calling many hotels I finally found the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites and they were more than happy to rent a hotel room to an 18 year old! Very sad when I am unable to send my kids to college but can not allow them to rent a hotel room! They reservations specialists where very helpful and looked for a room that had two beds (since both of my boys are very large football players) but were unable to find one for me. We settled on a room with a king size bed. They traveled from Colorado Springs and made it to the hotel earlier than expected but were allowed to check in anyway. My boys said that the hotel was very nice and the pool was AWESOME! (in their words.) So thank you very much Holiday Inn for helping me out in a bind! I know that I will be able to send my boys there again if I need to have them go to a hotel when traveling from the airport so they can come home to see me on breaks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TJ W
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing yours and your sons thoughts about our hotel. It brings us great joy to do our part in your family's university transition and we look forward to taking care of your boys throughout their college career.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport

Reviewed April 13, 2013

excellent accomodations with pleanty of room, good ammeities, etc. Very clean, staff friendly and helpful. There is not an included breakfast, but given most of the chains that do include it and the quality of that, it's probably a plus. There is a perfectly adaquate restaurant on the premises, so breakfast is convenient if not free. Again, the room for the cost is excellen-quiet,spacious -everything we needed. The one exception is the wifi service-as w/ many hotels, it's painfully slow. I guess that business travellers are not the priority, but I find it rare to find good internet @ almost any hotel- oh well...you'd think that in this day and age they'd upgrade that aspect. Otherwise, recommended.

Room Tip: Right on the interstate, so get a room away from the highway
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steverace
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel and restaurant. We appreciate the positive comments. We also appreciate you sharing your concerns about the WIFI and will certainly look into faster options.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel many times in my business travels to this area. Being relatively new, it has been comfortable and fairly restful. Lately it appears that the bedding has deteriorated some an the pillows are hard and lumpy. This last stay was bittersweet. I was looking forwards to a very restful night which never materialized. As I pulled the bed covers back it seemed like the sheets had been slept in and there was long hairs on one of the pillows. The rest of the night was fitful and restless.

The hotel over all is loosing its luster, but the staff is still as professional and service oriented as the day it opened few years ago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Higher level rooms are more comfortable and less noisy. With t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick M
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. Thank you very much for mentioning our service as we take great pride in ensuring outstanding guest satisfaction. We also take great pride in the product we are offering and are saddened that your opinion of our guest rooms has changed.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay here everytime I come to town on business.
Nice staff, good rooms, clean pool, bar has good sized TVs and sports on all the time.
I have a culinary background and do not like their dinner menu, but they do a nice job with breaksfast (Fast, fresh fruit, polite staff).
They have added refrigerators and micro waves to the rooms!

Room Tip: Request a room on the mountain side, so you won't have to listen to the Interstate all night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Randy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. And I am also pleased to inform you that we are working on a new dinner menu. Coming soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed here for a work trip. The staff were very accommodating. Our flight arrived midmorning and they had our rooms cleaned in order for us to be able to check in earlier then normal, which after travel is a huge deal. The room was modern and the bathroom was large. The hotel was very clean. The workout facility had 4 cardio machines and 2 tvs, there was also a nice indoor pool/spa. The one downside is no continental breakfast, instead there is a restaurant. There is a complimentary coffee station with a variety of creamers as well as teas and hot chocolate. I had not problems with noise in my room I was on the 4th floor facing the parking lot. I would recommend you request a room facing the parking lot instead of I-70. I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we were able to get you checked in early. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is our 2nd year using this property for our High School team. The sales staff was always available...no voice mail every time I called. The email correspondence was never neglected. I appreciate the way they worked with us financially also. Becky was interested in accommodating us instead of brushing us off. She also worked together with kitchen manager to set up just what worked for us for breakfast and buffet dinner; nice not having to bring in outside food for a hungry, tired group of kids!
Thanks again!

Room Tip: The north side of the corridor is best for quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate it. We are thrilled that all your group needs were taken care of and that you and your team had a wonderful stay. On behalf of the sales team and the entire staff, we thank you for choosing us and we cant wait to see you next time.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've recently stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites before early morning flights out of Grand Junction. The facility is nice enough, with a restaurant and a bar on the bottom floor, and the rooms are modern and clean. We found the front desk staff to be very accommodating and helpful. However, noise is a huge issue in this hotel. The walls are paper thin, and the door let in the sound of people in the hallway talking or slamming their doors all night long. Both times we stayed, we had to be up at 4am to get to the airport for 6am flights, and neither time did we get any sleep. If you are unlucky enough to be placed in a room facing the freeway, you have even more noise to deal with. Unfortunately, we will most likely not be back, and stay at the Double Tree or the Courtyard Marriott down the road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We value your opinion and comments and we take them to heart. We apologize for the less than perfect nights rest and we also thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and ammenities.