“Great hotel, shame about the food!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Fab new hotel, clean and spacious. Rooms are like a boutique hotel.
Great check in service, and had room at back so no traffic noise!
Ignore parking lots and a great view!

Nice little pool and hot tub, and fitness room looked good.
There is coffee available in lobby at all times so a bonus if you don't mind weak coffee.

Had dinner in restaaurant as weather was bad and my husband had a steak, I ordered pasta.
Jeminah our server was great! Really friendly, brought us fresh crisps ( chips) and was very attentive.

After quite a wait she came to apologise and said chef said he had run out of pasta (it was only 7.30) she laughed as she told us he said, "well, I could put on some more noodles". Ha ha "you think?!" she replied!!!

Later she returned, more sodas, more chips, so sorry - pasta is not even boiling, would I like to choose something else. On the house. Ok, I'll have salmon,
She brought my husbands steak. I watched him eat, and he said it was great. I waited, and finally, it arrived. It came with soup, Italian wedding soup??? I looked it up after, all I can say is, Italians would be up in arms to see and taste THAT!!
My salmon was awful! Seemed way too solid, and the char grilled blackened, was dubious in the extreme, it was kinda grey in the dark strips all the way down!! Needless to say I ate only the baked potato!!
Jeminah couldn't have been more sorry, and was obviously embarrassed by the whole affair, and we only paid for the steak.

Overall, hotel is great, but give food a swerve!

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had gone to another hotel nearby that was not acceptable. Smelled really bad and don't think it had been remodeled in a very long time. We went across the street to this Holiday Inn and the service was great. The beds were so comfortable and the rooms were very clean. Only complaint is we were advised at check in that they have a complimentary breakfast and then we were given the AAA rate. Next morning when we got our $36 bill for breakfast was advised that the AAA rate did not include breakfast. Would have much preferred a breakfast elsewhere for that price. Breakfast buffet was fine if free but not worth $36 my any means.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel is sparkling! Rooms were extremely clean and had the latest TV technology. Beds were comfortable and a/c was quiet. Indoor pool looked great, but we didn't use it. Lobby is very attractive. Restaurant/Bar was a disappointment. It was a Saturday evening and didn't have much traffic. My wife's trout was terrible and my meat dish wasn't great. When we complained, they didn't offer to change entrees, but gave a $9 discount. This hotel doesn't have a free breakfast. My thoughts are: There are other hotels in the area that offer better value, but if you stay, eat somewhere else.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. It was sparkling clean, new, and our room was really spacious. Also, the bathroom was fancy - granite countertops and huge amount of space. You don't find that in many hotels in this price range. We stayed here because we had a flight leaving from the airport and it was very convenient and very reasonable, we thought!

I didn't hear any noise from our neighbors or from the streets outside. We didn't eat at the hotel, but we did enjoy the free coffee in the lobby.

1  Thank C L
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Holiday inn stay is kind of surpise in middle of Grand junction. Good ambience, good business center, and warm breakfast. The staffs were very cooperating. There were numbe of resturant nearby and hotel provided free shuttle to go to that place. Our trip was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel is pretty new (2 years old, according to the front desk clerk). The room is very nice and the bathroom is very clean.

Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I stayed here on two occasions, once on the highway side (4th floor) and once on the other side (3rd floor). I didn't hear a thing from outside in either room, but noise from other rooms does carry. The stairways are nicely carpeted and easy to find. There are two elevators. The front desk staff is young and not terribly well-trained but eager to help. On the other hand, I do not recommend the restaurant for breakfast because it was 45 minutes before the food arrived.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo