“Great place with a friendly staff, clean room, great view.”

Red Roof Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a bar which was a big plus! The maintenance guy was kind enough to help me with my bags. I didn't even have to ask! I would stay here again just because of the warm smiles and kind staff.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Stamped

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I’ve stayed here a couple of times before, it’s away from the other motels, is next door to the truckstop and has plenty of truck parking. Clerk was helpful on the price, my CDL price would be the best deal. Room was warm, yes! I turned the heat on, and then realized that in addition to the heater I could control there was also a baseboard heater. Room was clean, bed was good. Bathroom was clean, no sign of mold, plenty of thick towels. Didn’t notice the trucks from the truckstop or the highway. What else do I need?

(Due to a breakdown, I ended coming back for a second night)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I arrived in the very early hours of Sunday morning. The lady behind the counter was very pleasant and helpful and gave me a discount because I had arrived so late.. I asked for a quiet room (not near the vending machines). She said that she had "truckers out the back and they started firing up their engines around 4am. Or trains in the front". I said I could handle the trains. I parked and went to my room. I was exhausted from an 800 mile drive and went straight to bed. I had only been in bed a short while, when my legs started itching. I turned on the bedside light and pulled back the covers, but couldn't see anything. Twice more that night I experienced the same itching sensation. Next morning, I checked the bed linen in the daylight, but couldn't see anything. I put the "itching" down to possibly heat rash from the long drive. I had a shower and felt refreshed. I went to the restaurant, had breakfast, wrote a couple of postcards and then resumed my journey.
Since then I haven't stopped scratching. My doctor wrote me a prescription for an ointment to eradicate body lice/scabies? It hasn't worked and I have another appointment to see him next week. I can only assume that the sheets hadn't been changed and were full of lice.
And no, I haven't contacted the hotel - what would be the point?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank shopper332
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Stayed here one night during the annual Wine Fest. Not many rooms available in Grand Junction due to popularity of the Wine Fest. Took what we could get, which was this standard motel on the side of the interstate.
It does appear that a renovation was completed recently. Walls appeared to be freshly painted, but furniture and decor was still cheap and outdated.
The property borders two highways, but is surprisingly quiet. Based on a full parking lot, I assumed it was fully booked.
Didn't use any facilities, just used the West Gate for a place to sleep.
It's easy to find, but possibly too far west of town for anyone with a need to be in town. Easy and direct access to nearly everything with Intersate 70 and Highway 6 & 50 right outside your front door.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends