“Lots of gluten free options”
Review of No Coast Sushi

No Coast Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
No Coast Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 273 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Avenue
Description: No Coast Sushi is a big city style restaurant in beautiful Western Colorado! Serving lunch and dinner with food that is handcrafted and made to order. Contemporary & Traditional Sushi & Japanese food made by chefs who love food & art. We care about our environment and community so we buy sustainable seafood when possible as well as local produce when in season and hormone antibiotic free beef, pork & chicken. Because we want everyone to feel good when they dine with us, we also have many vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options as well.
Moab, Utah
“Lots of gluten free options”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ate at No Coast on a road trip back in August and still can't get over how gluten friendly this restaurant is. If you're gf, you know traveling is hard. I was really stoked to find this gem. The owner himself whipped up a gf batter and a fresh batch of oil to make me gluten free veggie tempura...I was in Japanese cuisine heaven! Cool atmosphere, great food and outstanding service.

• Visited August 2012

“Great Sushi for western Colorado”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Easy location access. Very clean restaurant. Great service some of the best Sushi i have had on the western slope. Great value. I have eaten Sushi of lesser quality that costs more. I would highly recommend this to all my friends.

MidWest
“Pretty Good First Experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Let me start by saying I am not an experieneced sushi eater by any means. I have only had it once before at the old Hereford Steak & Sushi that used to be on Horizon Drive. It has changed names several times now and I think it is now called Sushi Rok. Anyway, my first experience there eating sushi was outstanding. I absolutely loved it.

Given this, I have had my eye on No Coast for some time, and finally got to go there this week. A family member and I popped in there early on a Monday evening to give it a shot. There were maybe a dozen or so people there, but it was pretty slow at that time of evening. The place was dark but seemingly clean. Looked like a great place for a date. We sat at a small table next to the fish tank near the front. It was cool watching the fish while we were there. We also had a pretty good view of the guys making the sushi nearby.

We ordered the fried Calamari as an appetizer ($8), and the Poison Ivy sushi roll ($14), which the girl said was their most popular. The calamari was tasty, and the sushi was really good. I don't think it was quite as good as the copper roll I had at the other restaurant, but I would certainly call it quality. An explosion of flavors in each bite. The presentation of the dishes was good, the ingredients seemed very fresh, and the service was good. The miso soup we got with the sushi tasted kinda weird, but it was good. I think we were just not used to it since we had never had it before. The girl who served us was patient and went over the various items we could try. She was not overbearing about it, but just perfect. She seemed to care just enough about us to make us feel comfortable there, even though we were sushi rookies.

A lady at the table next to us had a hibachi plate, and it looked pretty good. I might have to try this next time.

Overall this was a good first experience. This type of spot is good for Grand Junction, which is generally pretty bland when it comes to dining choices. I will definitely return to explore the menu further.

• Visited January 2013
Westcliffe, Colorado
“Great find”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We found this restaurant by accident looking for a motel. What good luck! VERY imaginative menu. Good prices and good service. We will make this a must stop on our way through Grand Junction in the future. I place this on my list of favorite sushi restaurants in the northern hemisphere. It is that good.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Steve W
Stratford, Canada
“Colorado gem”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

An unexpected find in Grand Junction, Co !!!! I recommend reservations. I was with 3 young adults and they loved the experience. Staff was friendly and management accesssable. They weighed in on menu choices simply because our server was new to the restaurant and , to his credit, he let management know that I had a lot of questions. Fresh, interesting items. Go

Visited November 2012