“Authentic European Bakery!”
Review of Mihaela's Bakery

Mihaela's Bakery
Ranked #120 of 293 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Reviewed May 8, 2017

When we crave authentic European pastries we go to Mihaela's! Everything we have eaten here is delicious and fresh! No "sicky sweet" American pastries here! The atmosphere is clean and quaint with a small seating area. We often meet friends for coffee, quiche and pastries. Her assortment of breads are delicious as well.

1  Thank opaoma2017

Reviewed April 11, 2017

Everything is baked fresh every day, from breads to yummy breakfast items and desserts. Lots of varieties to please everyone.

1  Thank granicera
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Delicious cherry pie and the crust was picture perfect. Not the cheapest but the best! In an unusual location near the courthouse on Main.

1  Thank XCaliforniaGirl
Reviewed March 25, 2017

I am going to start with the bread because Mihaela makes the BEST rye bread I have tasted in a long time! She makes her breads in the levain style - using a starter rather than commercial yeast. This makes a tangy loaf and it just makes my mouth happy. Rye is only made on Wednesdays. She makes a multigrain loaf - I think on Tuesday. Her other breads are challah and sourdough. She will warn you that the longer you have your sourdough loaf, the more sour it will become. Never been a problem here - we eat it right up. But, the rye is my favorite. How good is it? Well one of the most popular restaurants in town has her make baguettes for them.

Her pastries are out of this world. There is one that is covered in chocolate and filled with a raspberry cream that I just won't buy except as a special treat - they are so good I lose control. There is a mocha one that I love and - honestly every thing I taste in the sweet case is amazingly amazing.

There are quiches, bagels, strudel (made the real way - not with commercial filo), cookies and more. I haven't had anything I didn't like or love.

If you go there in the morning, many of the tables will be filled with people from the courthouse across the street, drinking coffee and having a pastry.

I buy bread every week and take my mother in law a pastry or so (if I ate them myself, I would lose all control). I have been to special events Mihaela has catered and her pastries are always a hit.

Keep in mind that Mihaela is from Europe and cooks with that sensibility. Her chocolate is chocolate - not some wussy cocoa/milk chocolate stuff. You get your calorie's worth here!

3  Thank Rita B
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Don't bother to get stuff here. The breads are soggy or soft when they should be crisp/crunchy/chewy and gummy when they should be soft. The baguettes were american sandwich bread soft.

I ordered a toasted bagel. Even after toasting, the bagel had a soft interior and wet-textured crust rather than chewy and crispy. A slice of pie hit the trash can. The crust was flavorless and so tough I couldn't cut it with my fork. I had to get a serrated knife to saw through the stuff. The filling was gummy and had zero blueberry flavor. The ice tea was expensive for what I got and stewed rather than brewed.

All-in-all...yuck.