“Good eats” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The food is great, and quick. We have been ordering delivery for years and couldn't ask for nicer delivery service. The Vietnamese noodle bowls are light and fresh.

• Visited December 2013

Coloraodo
“This place is going downhill in a hurry.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have lived in GJ for ten years and have been going to Zen Garden for at least half of that. I don't think I should have to feel obligated to put up with a rude waitress that some seem to find amusing. I personally don't find rudeness in wait staff a great quality. I am sorry if she has issues but that isn't my problem.

More importantly though, the food quality is slipping. I ordered orange chicken, husband got peanut chicken and both were mediocre at best. I haven't had the sushi so I cannot speak for that.

It's a shame because I have always liked this place but this is my second visit in the last month where I left feeling the food quality was taking a dive. There are better places to eat and with MUCH BETTER service. Change it to Angry Garden so people know they have to have dishes slammed on the table and short snippy answers to get a meal. Part of the dining out experience is set by the wait staff and if some find her grouchiness amusing good for them. Sorry, ZEN GARDENS, but you lost another customer. I will be going to No Coast from now on.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravelingHobos
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Back off of Nancy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hey people! Bullying is a HUGE issue in the United States. Grow up and get a pair of balls and stop hiding behind your computer screens bashing the "Crazy" Waitress there. This was my first visit and while I was thrown off by some of her comments, it made dinner a little bit more enjoyable and entertaining. The food was good and the service was fast and the Sparkling Golden Chairs made me feel like I was in a Disco! Loved every minute of it!
Nancy, keep being crazy! I loved you and so did my Fiance! Dont let the haters get to you sister!

Mack, Colorado, United States
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I go here all the time. Its the only place we will go for sushi anymore. The waitress is a total sweetheart and grandmother treats us like family. It stinks that they have to put up with such rude customers, especially the college kids that come in and demand free food. Its quite annoying when we are trying to have a nice dinner. But I recommend this place to everyone, and I will continue to eat here as long as its around :)

Grand Junction, Colorado
“We keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I have dinner there often, and we have never had a poor experience. The food and service is always good. Their waitress has always been considerate and friendly, along with the entire staff. Every time we go, we're served exactly what we ordered, and we've never been dissatisfied. If you are looking for delicious and affordable Asian cuisine in Grand Junction, Zen Garden is an excellent choice.