“great sushi choice”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Eugene, Oregon
“great sushi choice”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

three decent sushi choices for being in the desert nowhere near fresh seafood. What's unique about this place? Decent value & quality. See if the crazy waitress is working. You might be lucky enough to walk away with a story!

Visited March 2012

Grand Junction, Colorado
“best sushi in town. better than no coast and suhiros”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

the service was a little rough but the food was amazing!!!

• Visited July 2012
“Worst service”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The service is the worst service I have ever experienced. One person at our table got her food withing reasonable time, the rest of us waited another 30 minutes for ours, while other people next to us that had been seated way after we ordered our food, got their order. The waitress was the rudest person I have ever seen in the food business. The food is laden in MSG and I have been suffering with side effects of MSG's all day long. I will NOT go back will not recommend it to anyone. WORST service and huge amounts of MSG!!

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank meljo2
Fruita, Colorado
“I will be back”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I searched online for Sushi in Grand Junction, and this came up, so I just decided to try it out. As I pulled into the parking lot I was not impressed with the outside of the building, it was dull. My first impression was wrong. I was greated by friendly staff. The place was uncluttered and clean. I ordered the Salmon roll and fried Wontons. On a scale from 1-10 I give the sushi a 9, the wontons an 8. The food was served quickly and my drink glass was kept full. I thought the price very reasonable- at 10.80.
I will go back.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank silverstream8
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Best asian fusion within 500 miles much better than prior reviews”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our family has eaten here for years, mostly on occasions like birthdays, holidays etc.
The kitchen is the reason we go, not the decor. It is asian fusion food. You have to go 500 miles to the big cities to find its equals. The food is as good as P. F. Changs, but at half the price.
You have to know what to order, and what to expect. The sushi boat is the kids favorite.
Really loaded and tasty. The sesame scallops are excellent, large, sweet and carmelized.

They start with a salad with a tangy dressing that is outstanding. The hot and sour soup is excellent. There are some good Thai dishes, and the cashew chicken is above average. The portions are large, we usually take things home. The prices are reasonable for the quality and size of the portions.

It is ridiculous that this restaurant is rated # 71 in a town with maybe three good restaurants, and Zen Garden is one of them. I have read the other reviews and they are accurate, but but mostly irrelevant. The restaurant does use MSG and if that means you can't eat there, then avoid it. I have spoken to the owner about this, and he says the flavor is what is important, and he needs to use MSG in his recipes. The restaurant is about eating there. I would not order take out or delivery either. They know how to cook food, not how to deliver it. The surly waitress is their daughter, and she has problems, but the food is worth dealing with her.
This is a fine small quirky family restaurant that prepares some outstanding dishes. It is by far the best Chinese food in town, much better than many other Chinese joints that trip advisor rates above it. In addition to the Chinese food, they have many other Asian dishes, Thai, Sushi, etc. and a fusion twist on many of them. It has been in business here and in a previous location for many years. It wouldn't last if the food wasn't good. It wouldn't last if it really was the 71st best restaurant in town. It is a shame that it is so far buried that most people won't read this review.

• Visited July 2011