“Still a Solid Choice, and they now have a Vietnamese Menu. Now called "Thai Chili & Pho"”
Review of Thai Chili & Pho

Thai Chili & Pho
Ranked #57 of 288 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Not sure what's going on with the bad reviews here. I have eaten here probably 20 times since they opened, and never once did I not have a good meal. Nor once did I ever have bad service. I just don't get it. And trust me, I know good Asian food. I am from one of the biggest cities in the US, which has a gigantic Asian population.

For whatever it's worth, they seemed to have had a management change, based on a sign outside, and they are now called "Thai Chili & Pho", since April, 2011. They have added several Vietnamese dishes, including Pho and other noodle dishes. They also have a Vietnamese cook.

I have eaten there 3-4 times since the management and name change, and it's just as good as always. Not the best food on the planet, but nothing to have an issue with. By far the best all around Asian restaurant in GJ.

Don't believe the haters who hate but can't articulate.

2  Thank BigMountainTraveler

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Awful service. Food was almost as bad. We've tried them twice and both experiences were terrible with service.

1  Thank COvoyagers
Reviewed December 27, 2010

This was the worst Neal ever placed in front of me. No attention from the sever, our drinks ran out and were never filled, the food was awful, the chicken was rubber.....need I say more?

2  Thank Jbassclorado
Reviewed July 31, 2010

No one can expect 5 star Thai food from a Thai restaurant in Grand Junction, but Thai Chili is decent. I usually get the Pad Thai, which is not bad. Not the best compared to big cities with more diversity, but certainly not bad. I have had the Tom Yum soup before, which is pretty good as well.

Service is pretty good, and the waiters are more or less attentive.

And, they have decent Chinese food, if you are into that. Their Chinese dishes are a notch above many Chinese restaurants in town quality wise. Even the most basic Chinese dishes are good here, so if you bring a friend who might be less adventurous regarding Thai food, there is plenty of well known good Chinese dishes to pick from.

One thing for sure is their servings are huge. If you have a big appetite, this is the place for you. Your choice is served on a big platter, and they give you smaller plates to invidually spoon your food onto. The portions are so big you can easily share different dishes amongst friends, which is nice, or a couple can eat one dish most times. If not, you will likey take plenty home for lunch the next day.

Also, someone mentioned in a previous review that they don't spice up the food. This is not correct in my opinion. If you tell them you want your food "Thai Hot", trust me, they will make is spicy enough for the vast majority of folks out there.

This place is definitely in a class above your typical dive Chinese Buffet type place, and should not be lumped in with them.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I may be spoiled by having so many great Thai restaurants back home in DC but the two noodle dished we had here were nearly inedible due to a huge overload of salt and the dishes were almost all noodles despite being listed with other ingredients. The Larb (called Lab here) was OK although overloaded with onions. I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank LarryN60