“Lots of amenities, even though property is sort of dated”

Inn at Silver Creek
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My family and I stayed for 3 nights in one of the studio units at the Inn at Silver Creek. Our room was clean, although very dated. It was nice to have a kitchen to store basic supplies in, and the murphy bed and sofa bed were comfortable. The kids enjoyed the fireplace at night. I really liked all the amenities at the Inn. There were three hot tubs (although none of the jets worked on any of them) and an indoor/outdoor pool. The sauna wasn't incredibly hot, but it was large. The arcade was a nice bonus, although the change machine didn't work the entire time we were there. I enjoyed the on-site restaurant/bar, which had live music two of the nights we were there. There was construction going on in the hallway, and many, many items seemed to have lots of deferred maintenance. However, like I said, the unit was clean and comfortable, if not new and luxurious. We weren't paying luxury prices, so I figure we got what we paid for. The Inn is exceptionally close to the SolVista Ski Resort, so very convenient for us. All in all, I would stay again, although it would be nice if they caught up on some of the deferred maintenance.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Marie P

Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I traveled here for some business. This is the second time we have stayed here and this place is very nice. Some of the rooms have not been re-modeled but the un re-modeled one we stayed in was still very comfortable and clean. Last night we stayed in a loft style suite that was re-modeled and it was very nice. Clean,cozy,warm and stocked with everything we needed. Staff was polite and took care of the things we needed. We didnt use any of the facilities this time but last time it was nice

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank tymoco2
Reviewed September 28, 2010

They put us in a room on the first floor with a door to the outside that didn't lock so I barely slept all night. (Plus hallway security door to the parking lot was broken too) Also, our room was right beside the motor that regulated something to do with the pool (filter system?) it jerked on and off with annoying noise until around 11 PM and then came on again in the morning early. We checked out as early as we could.
The moose toilet paper holder was filthy, dusty and the grout on the shower was peeling away. The fixtures were corroded-once brass? There was a 3 ft refigerator just inside the door that blocked the path into the room so that we had to lift our suitcases over it to get to the bedside. It was a nuisance to maneuver around.
The hotel was nearly empty at the time of our visit- at check out they acted like they had no idea that they placed us next to this annoying motor. There must have been other less worn out rooms in this humongous complex but I think they only open one corridor and those rooms get pretty shabby. Maybe if we had complained we would have been upgraded?? Thank God we only commited to one night. I will never stay there again....keep driving and find another town.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We picked the Inn at Silvercreek because it appeared to be one of the better places in Granby. What a mistake. We had two small dogs. When I made the reservation a week and a half in advance, I was told that we would be charged $25 extra for having them in our room. When I checked in that was changed to $25 per dog. I was also told that the cancellation policy was 14 days in advance or suffer charges to my credit card. So I could not have cancelled without getting charged by the time I made the reservation. My dogs liked it, though because they found cookies laying around on the floor from previous guests as well as other items to play with such as golf tees--which I stepped on luckily w/o getting jabbed. The rooms were tiny, especially for the $170 per night we were charged. There was an inventory sheet in the room listing all of the items that we would be charged for if they came up missing. When checking in I had to sign an agreement promising to use the room and fascilities (like the pool) in accordance with their rules. That was no problem because the pool was so far away from our room that it wasn't practical to try and use it. For a tiny, overpriced, over regimented, filthy room it wasn't that bad--Yeah, I'm kidding. It was that bad. I will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I normally give very liberal positive reviews to just about every place we stay and just noting the few things that might not have gone well but this was really awful, we felt totally ripped off and disappointed. This looks OK from the outside, like a normal Rocky Mountain place to stay, flowers out front, stained wood siding, etc. However, inside our room was horrible-it literally looked like the inside of a1979 trailer home. Let me start with from the beginning, driving up you feel like it is a nice looking place, big pool etc. Then you walk in, while roomy in the lobby and seating area, it is very dated and in pretty poor quality. There is completely outdated light teal carpet and the stairs squeak like an old house. The check in was OK but I did over hear complaints about rooms not being ready and rooms being hot, etc. Then when we checked in we were informed the room we paid for did not have the items listed online, such as a fireplace and fridge, patio with view. It was too late and too remote to find something else so we just took it. I am very sorry we did. As we went to the back parking lot the look really changed, the parking lot has not been kept up and not painted in many years. Then you saw all of the people hanging out, it seriously looked like they were housing Title 8 (public housing) families back there. The door was suppose to open via a key but it was not working. The inside was rather shabby, dirty damage carpet, repainted walls with striping and old yucky wood trim. The elevator was really really dirty!! The halls were OK but then we entered our room and I wanted to cry. Keep in mind we are a regular flexible middle income family, we stay in 2-3 star places in Mexico and Eastern Europe so we have traveled well. My kids dropped their bags, and my 9 year old said "Mom, is this it?!" Oh my, it was a tiny dump. Dingy white walls, holes in the older carpet, the room was SO TINY-like an old dorm room. I don't think you could build a room that small now, would not be up to code! It was maybe 14 feet by 18 feet with a king bed and old veneer wood furniture like you get at WalMart with a TINY old TV, stripes of MIRRORS up the wall, I kid you not. The balcony was so small only 2 of us could stand out there and if you sat down the railing was high enough you could not see over it! The view was of the back parking lot. The only other thing in the room was a small table with a small coffee pot on it. The bathroom was hideous, so outdated, but ugly, like made you sick, the bathtub had those plastic pieces wrapped around it and they were falling off, I am talking 3 inch gab between the tub top and the tub side, you could see the inner tub and pipes clearly. So glad my children were not smaller, it was dangerous. The kicker is we paid SO MUCH for this room and were told we were getting something completely different. We felt totally ripped off, I almost wanted to cry. If we had paid $35 a night it was worth, fine, but we paid for a RESORT room with a fireplace, not a old dorm room that was falling apart. They need to step back, and make serious upgrades to this location or they will continue to getting poor reviews. I would NEVER stay here again. The only positives were the access to the Sol Vista resort was acceptable and my kids liked the large pool, otherwise I felt like I was at a white trash resort and paid through the nose for the experience! We booked a condo last year right by the ski runs, I highly suggest paying for that instead.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank opinco
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The hotel looks great from the outside. The lobby is ok but dated. It is what me and my husband discribe as "cheesey!" I do not think they vacumed the hallways the whole 3 days we were there. There are also side entries to the hotel, in which looked like they forgot to clean, uhh ever. Not a good first impression! The rooms themselves seamed clean enough, and they freshenedd the sheets/towels daily. as far as wiping down the counters or throwing away paper cups, you are pretty much on your own, not what we are used to when we travel. the staff seamed nice enough, and were helpful (we actually asked to switch rooms when we got there due to the dissatisfaction with the first room) . the pool area is also dated with chipping concrete at the decking, but the kids had fun none the less. There are many hotels in the Grand lake area (about 18 miles down the road) we will stay there next time we visit this area

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This was a great mid-week get away for our family. We chose a room that could have easily housed not only our family of four but even could have invited up some of our extended family as well. We loved the mulitple hot-tubs and work out facilities. The staff were all very helpful and made our stay very plesent. One of the coolest things to see on approach out of the mountians is this HUGE gathering of lights and telling the kids "That's where we are staying!!!" After we get inside it was just like home (only nicer). Great linnens, very clean and ready for our relaxation. We will be back, this time with the extended family!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank voiceonhold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Littletree Inn
#6 of 8 in Granby
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!