“Nice get away”

Inn at Silver Creek
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed March 20, 2007

My son and I have been coming up the last four years and look forward to it every Year. I'm a single mom and cant afford a luxury hotel. I always put a little money aside all year to come up and do some spring skiing. We usually stay 4-5 nights.
We love the outdoors and camp alot in the summer so we dont require some five star resort. I would love to be able to, but this place makes it affordable for my son and I to take a memorable vacations together. The lodge is older but it has charater. Its clean and they have everything you need right there on the premises and if not there is a grocery store right across the street. We also love the ski slopes here, its not crowed and its great that you can just drive up and drop off your ski's.
One of the best things that they offer at Silver Creek is they allow us to bring our dog. We would not be able to stay if they didnt offer that.
We are heading up the end of this week and can't wait! !

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank DeanneG

Reviewed February 9, 2007

As some of the reviews state, this is not a brand new resort, but our experience wasn't bad at all. We had a studio suite, which is just 2 rooms joined together, with a small but full kitchen. The outdoor "heated" swimming pool is heated only enough to keep you from having a heart attack if you jump in. The 2 outdoor hot tubs are both nice, with good views of the small SolVista ski area nearby. They have a nicely equipped exercise room, and a couple of racquetball courts (racquets available n/c if you need them). We were there in January 07 for a ski vacation, its close to Winter Park, and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the Solvista area was for our family of 4 (2 younger kids but both good skiers). You have that mountain to yourself most days. Buy a "Gold C" coupon book and you can save a bundle on lift tickets at WP and Solvista (and all over Colorado).
We didn't try the restaurant on site, we just cooked in, there is a grocery store right across the highway from the resort, and only a few miles into Granby for whatever else you need. I would agree that the rooms are not very sound proof, we did experience late night noise one time, but it was brief. Its not any worse than a hotel for noise (since its basically just a hotel......) Overall its pretty average, but nice, our unit was clean, and its not very expensive so worth what you are paying, you just have to remember you aren't staying (or paying for) slopeside at Vail : )

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank scattershot
Reviewed February 6, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of January. The outside is certainly deceiving. It appears average to nice on the outside, but inside is a different story.
We had so many problems, I probably cannot remember them all. I will try to only comment about the facts and not my opinions.
When we booked the room, we requested the "premier studio with loft". Upon arriving, we were given the "premier studio". After complaining at the front desk, we realized that we actually were booked into the "premier studio". We were told on the phone otherwise. We asked for the room with the loft and was told there were none available. Please do not let their terms of "Studio Suite" , "Premiers Studio Suite", and "Premier Studio with Loft" fool you. The only difference between the standard studio and the premier studio is the amount of cabinetry in the kitchen area and maybe a full sized fridge. Our room, along with three other rooms that were in our party, were all very dated. Our room was very worn out; the bathroom was from the 70's and the poorly repaired bathtub had plenty of mold and mildew covering the caulking patches. The trim around the tub was either cracked or not there at all. The trim throughout the room was severely banged up or broken off. There were hairs on the bathtub and toilet. Stains on the toilet seats that could have been easily washed off. We tried to get our money back to leave but were told that our rate was completely non refundable. We were even willing to pay a one night penalty, but not an option. There is only the bar to eat in (hamburger, fries, chips, chicken fingers, etc...) and the restaurant only serves breakfast (reconstituted eggs, bacon, stale biscuit). There is nowhere else to eat within 15 minutes of the place. There is no computer to use or rent for internet access. Local calls are $ .50 per minute. Taxi to Winter Park (closest populated area) is $35 each way.
These issues may sound bad, but they do not even compare to how noisey the place was. It is so poorly constructed that when someone casually walks down the hall, you can hear their every step resonating throughout your room and hear every word they say intelligibly. You will get to know your neighbors very well through their late night conversations. If you are not on the top floor, you will hear every step your upstairs neighbor makes as if it were an elephant. I promise, I am not exagerating. We only slept between 2 am and 5 am. Those hours were about the only time we did not hear loud racket around us. Just to clarify, I am not commenting on the actual guests, they generally were not excessive in their noise level, but just common everyday movement and conversation were so loud that you could not sleep.
Just when I thought that it could not get worse, the last night we were there, my girlfriend and I were spending our night in the arcade when 4 teenagers came in about 11pm with there boom box and set up camp. I have no problem with teenagers, but I do have a problem with loud obnoxious teenagers and their stereo blasting loud blatantly racist music . I have never heard so much racist redneck music in my life. Very generous use with the "n word" along with other curse words (and I thought rap was bad). I asked if they were guests and they said no, we know the night manager. I complained to the night manager and her response was for me to "tell them to turn it down".
To summerize, the hotel is very old and run down. It is very noisey and virtually no privacy. The food is limited and lousy. The service is generally average.
I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank JimmyJ
Reviewed August 7, 2006

It was awful - there were 150 of us, family and friends, staying at the property for a wedding and reception. Although the outside of the hotel looks fairly new, the inside is very old and unkempt. The food was terrible and the service nearly nonexistant. The front desk refused to respond to my request that they quiet down the neighboring room that partied until 1am. The groom's grandfather was also subjected to partying neighbors and had to eventually call the police when the hotel wouldn't respond. The following night he was subjected to foul language and trash being thrown on his balcony by the same hooligans and again had to call the police because the hotel wouldn't do anything about it. The hotel is in a state of disrepair and the level of cleanliness as far as the rooms are concerned is unacceptable. Also: Beware their cancellation policy - they make sure that you can't leave and go somewhere else by charging you for at least one night in advance.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank xsty68
Reviewed August 2, 2006

I stayed at the Inn from december 2005 to April 2006. Its a great place to stay! I stayed in a studio room with a loft above. It had a fire place, lots of closets, complete bathroom, tv, microwave, coffee makers, refrigerator,etc. Theres an atletic room with two racquetball/basketball court and weight and exercise machines, two inside hot tubs, two outdoor hot tubs, and a huge swimming pool (part indoors, part outdoors). It has a pantry, a liquour store, a ski gear rental, a hair salon, a bar, a game room and a post office. the restaurant was open a few times during the winter season, but its open for breakfast everyday with delicious breakfast options and attention. You can always go to the bar inside the hotel for a quick hamburger or chicken wings :o)
Theres a fire place by the lobby with couches and tv. There are laundry machines all along the hotel. There is a great convention center for special events and also an Activity center that cna help you out planning your activities while you are staying in town!!
The staff is very gentile and are always alert in case you need something. Its conviniently located by the highway, 3 miles away from Granby, but right down the road from Granby Ranch (SOLVISTA) Ski resort (Granby Ranch Golf Course in summer).... 5 minutes ride!!! Theres a big City MArket right accross the highway (10 mins walking, 2 mins drive). There is a free shuttle bus that stops right accross the street according to its schedule from Granby to WinterPark (30mins) and back (will stop at Fraser and Tabernash too) and another one that goes to the ski area (hourly). There is a lot of tourists during spring break and holidays!
GREAT PLACE TO STAY PEOPLE!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with friends
7  Thank TheRealWest
A TripAdvisor Member
Port Charlotte, FL
Reviewed July 11, 2006

Loved it here. Quiet, Nice pool , Good basic food in the restaurant at reasonable prices, Convenient to grocery store, Rocky Mtn National Park, hiking, day trips. Very accomodating staff. Plan to return again.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2006

If you can overlook the trash piled up by the entrance door to Section D, the musty smell of the old elevators, and the falling off shower doors, this is a place for Relaxation! My husband and I enjoyed four nights at the Silver Creek Inn and 4 days of March cross country skiing. The Inn is centrally located to Winter Park, Grand Lake, Snow Mountain Ranch nordic center, and Devil's Thumb nordic center.

If you are looking for spiffy luxury, don't go to the Silver Creek Inn. Our King loft suite, at $129 a night, included styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. I could see the family next door through the adjoining door, not to mention becoming acquainted with their TV preferences and accidental eavesdropping on the mother's constant haranging of the children for not washing their hands. (I'm not kidding, we heard every word).

However, once we got used to the eccentricities of the place, we had a great time.

I was very sad to discover that the hill across from the Inn has filled up with second homes since the last time I visited 15 years ago. A massive development is planned across the street. City Market is already in, with a strip shopping center and a hord of houses in the works. Grand County has really sold out to development. Where there were once ranching families, wide open spaces, and rodeos, exclusive golf course vacation home communities are springing up like a plague on the land. If you liked Colorado wild and free, visit now. Grand County is about to change forever.

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank Cyndi01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Littletree Inn
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#4 of 14 in Winter Park
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!