“Shabby Shiek”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Louisville, Colorado
“Shabby Shiek”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2006

If you can overlook the trash piled up by the entrance door to Section D, the musty smell of the old elevators, and the falling off shower doors, this is a place for Relaxation! My husband and I enjoyed four nights at the Silver Creek Inn and 4 days of March cross country skiing. The Inn is centrally located to Winter Park, Grand Lake, Snow Mountain Ranch nordic center, and Devil's Thumb nordic center.

If you are looking for spiffy luxury, don't go to the Silver Creek Inn. Our King loft suite, at $129 a night, included styrofoam plates and plastic silverware. I could see the family next door through the adjoining door, not to mention becoming acquainted with their TV preferences and accidental eavesdropping on the mother's constant haranging of the children for not washing their hands. (I'm not kidding, we heard every word).

However, once we got used to the eccentricities of the place, we had a great time.

I was very sad to discover that the hill across from the Inn has filled up with second homes since the last time I visited 15 years ago. A massive development is planned across the street. City Market is already in, with a strip shopping center and a hord of houses in the works. Grand County has really sold out to development. Where there were once ranching families, wide open spaces, and rodeos, exclusive golf course vacation home communities are springing up like a plague on the land. If you liked Colorado wild and free, visit now. Grand County is about to change forever.

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank Cyndi01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

I stayed at the Inn last time driving thru Colorado, It was a great place to stay plenty for the kids to do and the bar had a live band. Fun pool that you swim from the inside to outside pool area. Indoor and outdoor hottubs. I have booked a week stay already for this summer.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Fl.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

My son and I stayed at SilverCreek Inn in Granby, Co. for a 4 day ski trip late Feb 06. Our room was a little small, but very clean and newly renovated.
The staff was very accomodating and friendly. There is a nice health club which has racquet ball, weights, a pool(heated), and 3 hot tubs all free with your stay. Restaurant-Bar also on the premises, although we never ate their. The parking is free and close in. The hotel is old, but very well maintained and has lots of charm. The hotel is conveinient as well, only 3 minutes to Sol Vista mountain ski area.
For a family ski trip this place is perfect.
I was a little heistant staying there based on the other reviews, but I was pleasntly surprised. I guess some people are hard to please.

• Stayed February 2006
10 Thank maxfly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

be careful of what the rep tells you on the phone we got to the hotel before we were unpleasantly suprised by crowdedness of accomodations if you are told sleeps 6 people means 3-4 w/o privacy seperation 4 means 1-2 people
the front desk was not friendly and the restaurant downstairs charged me 4x's for one meal inconviently tying up funds that were alocated elsewhere

i will never stay at the inn at silvercreek again

• Stayed December 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Granby hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2005

After reading the reviews, I arrived at the Inn at SilverCreek with slight hesitation. Upon arrival, the smiling desk clerk greeted me warmly and made me feel welcome. The decor was wonderful for me and my Family. They even had welcoming "bear statues" that were so cute that we had to pose for pictures.

There was a lot to do in the area. We had a ball! We even saw a moose in Rocky Mountain National Park which was our first time. Plus we went hiking and fishing.

If you want a friendly, mountain atmosphere - I would recommend the Inn at SilverCreek.

Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2005

While on a 11 day road trip with my wife we were headed into Rocky Mountain National Park, so we thought we would stay outside the park on the West side. After searching for a hotel of some reputable brand, we decided to try the Inn at Silvercreek because it was AAA approved and seemed nice on the outside. Upon checkin we headed to our room, and it was obvious why they like to show pictures of the outside. The inside was very dated--circa 1970. We managed our way through it overnight, and then went to checkout. Our bill had been incorrect and the attendant was unable to correct the problem or know how to fix it (we were given the excuse that there are many properties and codes for different promotions and it was confusing). We ended up waiting over 30 minutes for her to actually call the manager despite our request, and another 20 minutes for him to show up. This 50 minutes would have allowed us to see more of the Park and enjoy one of the last days of our vacation. Another guest wanted to get the senior discount and they were unable to change his bill to reflect a savings of 10%! He just left because he didn't want to have the headache. In the end they refunded us our stay, but I would rather have my time back because it is much more precious in that situation. I do not believe that the price (somewhat steep at around $100 when we stayed) we paid was a good value at all since the amenities and rooms were much less nice than most low-class hotels.

11 Thank Jumbo789
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2005

My family and I took a vacation to Granby, Colorado in May 2005 and this town is very small and has only a few stores within it. We stayed at the SilverCreek Inn for a full 7 days and it being May the "slow" season in Colorado there was not much activities open. The Resturant and Bar was closed till June. The Convinent Store was not open when ever needed. The Athletic Club was open to the Swimming Pool, Hot Tub but not the Fitness Room. The Beauty/Nail shop was open when a reservation is made. The Arcade although was open 24 hrs which was cool. Room service a great. Our room had a good view but contruction woke us up every morning. Elevators smells like dirty pine. Alot of creeking in the floors. Heard running water through the walls at night. Bird droppings on deck. This place is a birds Nest. Not recommended at all until maybe winter.

6 Thank Cridappers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Littletree Inn
BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge
BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge
#1 of 15 in Winter Park
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!