While visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, we spent 1 night at Trail Riders Motel in Grandby. We chose this motel because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor.
- The owners were friendly and helpful.
- We stayed in a 2-bedroom unit, so there was plenty of room for the four of us.
- The microwave, refrigerator, and baker's rack were nice to have in the room (although regrettably, the refrigerator had been off for some time when we arrived in the room, and it took a long time (several hours) to cool down).
- The shower stall in the bathroom was small, and the shower head was difficult to work with ... like it was designed for someone who is 6 feet tall. We had to lift up our young children during their shower so that they can get washed ... otherwise, the water spray was aimed too high for them, and we could not adjust the direction of the shower head.
- The bathroom sink was small, and the faucet was located very close to the back of the sink so that it made hand-washing awkward. Also, the faucet leaked a small, steady stream of water continuously.
- The A/C window unit was located between the window and the curtain. When we tried to close the curtain, the A/C window unit kept blowing it open. Annoying.
- The flat screen TV was nice, BUT it kept changing channels and/or shutting off by itself randomly, every few minutes or so. Maybe the remote controls from adjacent rooms were affecting our TV??
- When we arrived in the room, there was a dirty rag left on one of the chairs -- yuck.
- Although I believe that the carpet/floor had been vacuumed prior to our arrival, somehow it did not have the "clean" feeling that our other hotels had.
In summary, the Trail Riders motel was just okay for a 1 night stay. The price per night here was similar to what we paid for our other hotels in Englewood, CO and Salina, KS -- but we felt that we didn't get as much value for our money here; $95 was a bit steep for the room we had. However, we don't know if there is a better place to stay in Grandby (as the town is quite small). The next time we visit Rocky Mountain NP, we will probably stay in Estes Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming motel located right in the heart of Grand County. Our classic knotty pine, non-smoking one and two-bedroom units accommodate 1-4 people. Every room has a 32" flat screen TV with cable, complimentary wireless internet service, refrigerator, microwave, dinette table, and daily room service. We are the only motel walking distance of several restaurants, two local parks, the new Granby library and the Amtrak station. Come see us at Trail Riders Motel. It's a great little place to get away! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Trail Riders Hotel Granby