“Tasty German food, but slow service”
Review of Longbranch Restaurant - CLOSED

Longbranch Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were there Presidents Day weekend and they were slammed. From the time we were seated it was close to 90 minutes before we got our entrees. Waitress was a bit incredulous that we complained but she did apologize and took off our drinks from the bill. She said they only had one chef in the back. The managment should have anticipated the crowd and planned accordingly. (We should have walked out earlier but it was the case of us thinking: well our food will be arriving in just a few minutes ...) I am of German descent and the food was very authentic. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. But the experience was sullied by the slow service. ( People complain about the salad being only lettuce and dressing -- welcome to the traditional German dinner salad :-) )

1  Thank zhansman

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Nice, cozy alpine atmosphere with a fire in the fireplace - well appreciated after a cold day of snow shoeing. The restaurant was almost empty which had me worried when we went in. But they have a full menu and the hostess was very friendly. The food was great, though the sauerbraten was not as good as momma used to make :-) Very tasty deserts.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Forget that other overpriced German beer hall in Winter Park. This is the place for schnitzel, good German beer and all your other German favorites.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

After a day on motorcycles we settled in for dinner here. I had pizza, which I don't recommend. The crust was homemade, but dry and tasted kinda flat. My husband got the German combo plate. It was good, but overpriced I thought. The waitress was friendly and the atmosphere relaxing.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

While on vacation, my Aunt and I went there based on reviews she had read. We were not disappointed. She had the weinerschnitzel and I had potato pancakes. Bother were very good. We also had the apple rhubarb strudel. It was delicious. I think it's notable to mention the business hours are only from 4-9 PM so plan accordingly.