“The best German food in the area”
Review of Longbranch Restaurant - CLOSED

Longbranch Restaurant
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Forget that other overpriced German beer hall in Winter Park. This is the place for schnitzel, good German beer and all your other German favorites.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

After a day on motorcycles we settled in for dinner here. I had pizza, which I don't recommend. The crust was homemade, but dry and tasted kinda flat. My husband got the German combo plate. It was good, but overpriced I thought. The waitress was friendly and the atmosphere relaxing.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

While on vacation, my Aunt and I went there based on reviews she had read. We were not disappointed. She had the weinerschnitzel and I had potato pancakes. Bother were very good. We also had the apple rhubarb strudel. It was delicious. I think it's notable to mention the business hours are only from 4-9 PM so plan accordingly.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Been a few years since we've been in Granby.
However, one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world is the Long Branch. Been there 5 times over 10 years.
I live in Nebraska--and we grew up on German food. (Grand Island and Omaha). We wrote the book on beef, folks. Ever hear of Driesbach's ?? We travel much and have dined at many places . We are amazed at what a chef can do with a marginal cut of beef ...or what a fool can do to ruin a good cut of Beef.
The Long Branch is definitely in the "Former" category.

The food is always: Top-notch, well prepared, fresh, and wonderful. Service is good.The stuff they do with Red Cabbage, Spaetlese, Beef, Pork, spices,and sauces...is world class.! I'm always amazed at how that humble Building (Shack) puts out such great food.
Prices are obscenely CHEAP for what you get. Quantity is assured--however, the quality blows me away.

Move this restaurant to Grand Island, will ya !!?? Please !

Reviewed July 22, 2010

The german food was to die for and so were the escargots, with impeccable sauce. It is always my policy not to order pizza from a mexican restaurant, or menudo from a middle easterner place. So go for the house specials: authentic german cuisine, home made bread and egg noodles, with saucy schnitzel (pork loins). And to end on a sweet note, try the homemade apple strudel with rhubarb. Prices are not bad either: 2 meals, 1 premium beer, dessert for under $40.