Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A grand county must do

We had an absolutely amazing time! Our wranglers Ana and Olivia were very friendly, knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed September 24, 2018
Josh M
Olean
via mobile
Wonderful experience in gorgeous location with friendly staff

The ranch is in a stunning location along 125 near Granby. The horses were well cared for and... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2018
S3717NPkimh
Davis, California
via mobile

All reviews great ride hour ride two daughters ride horses woods creek lauren trees instructions aspen riders ranch guide pasture scenery outfit vacation
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Called the offices, they were very friendly and quite helpful. We are a family of 4. My husband and I and our two daughters-elementary school aged. We are all beginner riders. Lauren and Olivia were very patient with us and picked out the perfect horse for each one of us! We went in a two hour ride, Lauren was our guide. She was very friendly and interacted with our girls in such a sweet manner-like a bug sister . She helped us along the ride, with our horses, giving instruction as needed. I highly recommend this group for a trail ride. The ride itself was beautiful. The landscapes were varied-creek, hillside, open pasture, through trees etc. we rode for 2 hours and had a GREAT TIME!!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Went on a 1 hour trail ride that was average. My teen age daughters and I, who have a lot of experience riding had a good time, but it could have been much better. The trail was a walk only ride that had a lot of flat areas that we could have trotted or cantered but the ranch only allowed walking slow single file, which is boring for an experienced rider. The guide was very nice it was not her fault. I'll try to find a ranch that caters to a riders ability next time. Ride was great for beginners.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

We are not experienced riders but wanted to try seeing the mountains by horseback. Dale and his guides were amazingly helpful. Our family of 5 signed up for a two hour ride. We enjoyed our very knowledgeable guide and had a memorable experience riding on beautiful, gentle horses. We would highly recommend High Country Trails to anyone visiting Granby or Grand County. Dale is also very willing to assist with recommendations for local restaurants, businesses, sights, etc.

Reviewed August 13, 2016

We are horse owners and ride competitively so we weren't sure what to expect when we booked a three hour ride. We were pleasantly surprised when we got a great ride through some beautiful country on very nice horses. We would highly recommend high country trails as a great experience at a super value. Rebecca showed us some beautiful country and was very informative about the area. Please be honest about your riding ability and they will find you the perfect horse and take you on a safe and fun ride.

1  Thank jkphm
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Took my 11 year old granddaughter on a two hour horseback ride. She had never been on a horse. Our guide, Rebecca, did a great job helping her, conversing and showing us lovely country. I wanted a mountain and woods ride, and that is exactly what we got. I got some sore muscles straddling a horse for that long, but I realize at 75 one's tail end is not as limber any more.

This ranch is rustic, out house and all, and feels authentic. I'm glad I picked High Country rather than down closer to town.

1  Thank Moverbob