“We loved it!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Indiana
“We loved it!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Food was fantastic! Price was reasonable. Staff was so very friendly!! Yes, we loved it.
We were only in town for 4 days, mostly for the Rocky Mtn Natl Park. We ate here our 1st nite, and loved it so much we came back for lunch before we left town.

• Visited August 2014

Andover
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our meal. Three of us had enchiladas and I had the steak burrito. The food was served quickly and was hot and fresh. We will definitely eat here again. We enjoyed the slaw salsa and the regular salsa had a nice kick to it.

• Visited August 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Friendly staff, good food, large portions!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We are at Azteca last night after seeing good reviews on Trip Advisor. Like others have said, the regular salsa is a little different, but the slaw salsa they bring is unique and really good. I love Carne Asada and always order it, but also wanted to try the Chili Relleno since it was highly recommended on this site. So, I ordered the combination plate that also comes with an enchilada - I assumed that it would be small portions of each - the plate that came out was MASSIVE! Twice the size of my husband and sons plates.....I was a little embarrassed, but it didn't stop me from almost cleaning it - the Carne Asada was perfect, so I did share a (small) bite with my family. The crispy Chili Relleno was fabulous as well. The others in my party ordered the Azteca Enchilada and Chicken Chimichanga - they really like it as well and plates were clean. Sangria was good, but I am used to a wine sangria with fruit, this was a thicker fruit purée kind of beverage, but still very good. Margaritas at other tables looked really good....may have to go back and try one. We have all week!

• Visited July 2014
Connecticut
“Marginal Mexican”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

So far on our trip to Colorado, we are not experiencing any better Mexican than home in CT. Which is sad commentary on CO Mexican food. Although Cortez, CO has some excellent Mexican restaurant. Azteca has posted on their door that they open daily at 11 a.m. We arrived at 11 a.m. only to be informed they actually open at noon. So an hour wait....my husband really wanted to eat a heavy lunch before a long trip home to CT. The cabbage slaw served with the chips is very good. However, it went downhill shortly afterward. The steak portions were not available because they had not prepped the beef yet that morning. So I ordered spinach enchiladas with chicken. The dish came out lukewarm, with barely enough assume to know it was there and hard tasteless chunks of chicken. My teenage son who usually will eat anything refused to eat his combo plate after a few bites. Said the sauce tasted sour. My daughter ate only one pice of her giant quesadilla saying it was making her feel sick. It also contained the hard, tasteless,past its prime chicken. My husband ate his meal and didn't complain but he will eat anything Mexican, regardless of quality or taste.

• Visited July 2014
Coldspring, Texas
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My first impression of any Mexican restaurant is formed by their Salsa and Chips. These were "mixed". The cool Salsa was palatable. The warm Salsa reminded me of canned vegetable soup. Not great. The Chiles Rellenos were excellent. The food, overall, was more than adequate. I would eat here again. Now, if they would only fix the Salsa.

• Visited May 2014