“Great Ride”

Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Granby
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Rockies the Old-Fashioned way! Open Year-Round, Sombrero Stables on the Snow Mountain Ranch-YMCA property offers 1-4 hour horseback rides, wagons rides, and sleigh rides, seasonally permitting. Also available are our wedding carriage (may be rented for anniversaries or other special occasions as well...), a one-horse-open sleigh, and dining facilities for special occasions. What if everyone rode a horse or wagon to your... Rehearsal Dinner? Birthday celebration? Wedding Anniversary? Let us know your ideas! Family and kid friendly, pony rides available for the young buckaroos.
Denver, Colorado, Usa
“Great Ride”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The folks at Snow Mountain Ranch really know how to make you feel welcome and take you on a great ride. We did the 2 hr ride up 9 mile. Horses were awesome and Amy was a fantastic guide. We will be riding again in the very near future.

Visited October 2013
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks so much for joining us, glad you enjoyed our newly-added 9-mile experience!

Best
Sarah & Sombrero Stables Crew

Fort Wayne, Indiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful ride!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am NOT an experienced equestrian at all and had a great ride through the beautiful aspen and pines this fall.

Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to experience colorado”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

From start to finish, the employees at sombrero provided us with a great experience. What i really liked is that i had-to control my horse. He did not just follow the leading horse and that was excellent for me since i am a decent horseback rider. We lucked out and our 4 hour trip consisted of only my friend and I. After speaking with us and gauging our comfort level, our guide offered to take us up one of the highest peaks and it was breathtaking. I recommend the 4 hour ride to really get a good feel for the natural beauty of colorado

Visited September 2013
Hastings, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Always A Highlight of Our Mountain Vacation”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is the best! My family and I always stay at Snow Mountain Ranch each year, and we always do the horse back riding. The breakfast ride is our favorite! The wanglers made sure we got the horses we asked for. The breakfast was fantastic! Pancakes, sausage, eggs, and cowboy coffee! We were sad when it came to be time to head back to the ranch. We will be counting down the days until we come back next year!

Visited July 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great experience.......”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We never rode on any horse in our entire lives, so taking up this venture was very daring thing for me and my hubby. Our daughter takes horse back riding lessons so she was the one who wanted this experience. We are glad we fulfilled her desire :-) We called up front desk the previous evening and encountered not to friendly staff over phone. She was kind of rude and that made me re-think again on our booking. She was emphasizing on the time and she gave us directions to get there. It is not easy to find this place on GPS. When we got there they all seemed friendly. The front desk lady offered to take few pictures, handed our helmets and suggested we take draft horses for our trail rides. I got to ride a huge draft horse 'Bill Bow' and my 5 year daughter was excited to have a pony 'Rapunzel and she kept bragging about her pony for the rest of our trip. Our guide was very nice. Not sure about her name but she said she recently turned 50 :-) We took 1 hr trail ride on the meadows and tree trails. My draft horse had some stomach issues so tried going to the tree bark to rub his bottom. I am glad I had my knee high boots for protection. Our guide kept us engaged by telling tales of the location and the "Eyes" of aspen trees.

Visited August 2013