“Very good food”
Review of Pearl Dragon

Pearl Dragon
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Excellent place for good Chinese food! On the outside, the place looks like nothing special, in fact, it looks closed. We decided to try it out, thanks to other YELP reviews. Our waitress even asked us where we'd heard about this place, so we told her, and she said I hope everything is great. She was fun, attentive, and gave great customer service. She was happy to explain the menu and any item we asked about. Truly enjoyed our meal! We tried the PINEAPPLE CHICKEN, and WOW, that was the freshest lightly fried chicken slices, in a light flavored pineapple sauce, with pineapple chunks. The Pot Stickers were the best we've ever had!! After going thru a few menus at the more pricey restaurants in this area, we chose this winner!! We were very impressed, and we will be back on our next visit to Granby/Grand Lake/Winter Park area.
Denver, Colorado
“Very good food”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Having recently had bad experiences, my wife and I have been on a quest for good Chinese food. We've driven past the Pearl Dragon for some time, so we thought we'd try it. We shared the Pork Lo Mein and the Szechuan Beef. Both meals were very good and were reasonably priced. The plum wine was very nice: sweet, but not too sweet. Soup came with the meal. I got the Hot and Sour and my wife got the Wonton. Both were delicious, the stock in the Hot and Sour was moderately thick and the Wonton was not too watery like we've had elsewhere. The atmosphere wasn't too great, but the views are nice. Overall it was a good restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Lewisburg, West Virginia
“The parking lot was full so I turned around”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

After driving through the town I realized that The Pearl Dragon had a good amount of business so I turned my car around and went back. Smart decision. The place. was crowded with locals. It was an Asian "Cheers" and the waitresses did know everone's names. The lunch special ran until 3 pm and included choice of two appetizers, one of which was an egg roll which was hot and crisp and yummy. Choice of several soups followed I had the Hot and Sour which was dark and flavorful. Then a choice of entrees from a varied list I had the Shrimp in Lobster sauce. All this for $8 and change. The fried rice was ok nothing special. But taken all together it was a surprisingly good Chinese meal in a small Colorado town.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank wvjake
Portland, Oregon
“DELICIOUS”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Everything we ordered was awesome! Great Chinese cuisine in a small town was great! Great customer service and food. Family friendly as well.

Visited July 2014
Somewhere
“Meh.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Not really impressed. The very most American of American Chinese. Can't really recommend the lemon chicken - it was drowning in lemon syrup, way too sweet to enjoy. The sweet and sour sauce was cheap from a bottle, and everything I ate was too greasy. Owners and decor were awesome, though. I'm sure some enjoy this sort of Chinese, but not for me.

Vancouver, Washington
“Great food and Staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Friendly! Food was tasty and plentiful. It was prepared fresh. The owners gave us suggestions on what to order and even did a custom order for us.

Visited June 2014