“Thank Goodness I don't have to return”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Portland, OR
“Thank Goodness I don't have to return”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Went there with my wife and 3 year old daughter for a Colorado Heritage Camp last weekend (Thursday through Sunday). The best I can say is that there were no bedbugs. There might as well have been. None of us slept well on the uncomfortable beds, noise, etc. The toilet ran conmtinuously unless you took off the lid and wiggled the hardware, and there was no soap in the soap dispenser in the tub. I called about these problems, but they were never fixed. Lackadasical staff, pretty bad food, cafeteria-style. Fortunately, our three-year-old daughter had fun, which was the main point, and I suspect teenagers wouldn't mind the dorm-like accommodations and the crummy food. For my wife and I, if we would have known (and not paid in advance), we would have found something in Winter Park (anything) and commuted. We've been far more comfortable in the Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Shelterdogg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Estes Park
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We met my sister-in-law's family there for a long weekend. Lots to do for all the kids (ages 1, 2, 3 and 4). We ran them ragged in the Kiva with balls and hula hoops, mini-golfed, hiked, swam, ate snacks on the porch of our cabin and watched the sunset. Kids were tired and slept good. Adults had time to catch up. A fun weekend. Clean and simple cabin.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather19042
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We went to Snow Mtn for a family reunion. The property must have been beautiful before all the trees died off. We stayed in the Silver Sage hotel-style lodging. The rooms were plain, with two bunks and a queen bed. They seemed reasonably clean. The main room in the center of the lodging had a funky cat-urine smell. Not sure if it was mold. If you want some privacy, you need to make sure to reserve a room for your family to congregate.

The food was marginal, but it was all that you could eat. Their breakfast options tend to run to fried & greasy. I heard a lot of grumbling about the food.

They have Wi-Fi throughout the park, apparently, at least in all the buildings, including the laundry, which was nice.

The family had a great time with all the potential activities, such as horseback riding, hiking to a waterfall, mtn bike riding, frisbee, etc. I had hoped to reserve one of the cabins, which hopefully are much nicer.

You won't go wrong though, if you are going to simply spend time with family, and have a good time. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank 82nd_Airborne
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2009

My family and I just returned from a long weekend at Snow Mountain Ranch. We rented a very spacious four bedroom cabin and shared it with another family. It was very clean, and the kitchen was well stocked with all the necessary cooking equipment, dishes, etc. We did all of our cooking in our cabin, so I can't offer any feedback on the food served in the lodge.

Here are a few things that might be helpful:

-The cabins are set apart a fair distance, so you feel a degree of peace and privacy! We've been to other places where the cabins are in rows and spaced closely together, so it was a treat for us to have some breathing room.

-There is so much to do on the grounds and enough variety that young children, tweens, teens and adults can all have a great time. It's clearly designed that way--to enjoy time with your family and friends.

-The craft shop was quite enjoyable. The young staff was patient with our children while they tie-dyed t-shirts and made suncatchers. You have to pay extra for the crafts, but we found the cost reasonable. The tie-dye shirts were really fun for all of us! If you decide to dye shirts, do it early in your stay as they need to be brought back for a rinsing the next day.

-There was a pleasant hike to a waterfall right there on the grounds. It was no problem for our kids (ages 7 & 9) to make their way to the waterfall.

-We forgot to bring a hibachi to grill burgers, but we were able to rent a gas grill for $15--they even delivered it to our cabin!

-The pool was warm and the lifeguards were very attentive. There's no hot tub (which surprised us), but the pool provided enough warmth that we didn't mind too much. The pool was open later than the craft center, so we opted for an after dinner swim.

-We played miniature golf (it's free) and the kids loved it! There are a number of other activities that you can experience--horse back riding, zip line, archery, etc.--they just cost a bit more.

-The bottom line from our experience is: the place is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the area is peaceful and serene, there is plenty to do even if you're on a tight budget and simply take advantage of the freebies (swimming pool, mini golf, hiking, library, etc.). We had a wonderful experience and will go back again and again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank natgoes
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My family and I have stayed at SMR on three occasions. We are heading there again next week. Obviously, we enjoy the family atmosphere, the terrific Nordic skiing, and the multitude of activities. Our two sons, 10 and 13, love this place with the skiing, sledding, climbing wall and hot chocolate!

I agree that the rooms are not the Ritz but who goes to the mountains to sit in a hotel room?! If you're looking to spend your money and sit indoors, then I recommend you go down the road to Devil's Thumb Ranch. They'll gladly take your money for the same mountains and views. (Pine Beetles have attacked there too...)

Stayed December 2007
Summit County, CO
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I stayed at YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, October 2008 and woke up with huge welts all over my body. After closely inspecting the bed, I found bugs! Apparently, others have reported bed bugs earlier and clearly they are not gone!

7 Thank Mountainlady970
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Littletree Inn
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
Zephyr Mountain Lodge
#2 of 25 in Winter Park
Fraser Crossing / Founders Pointe

Been to Snow Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!