“Yurts Rock!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my second time staying here at SMR in one of their yurts. It's a fun way to feel like u are camping but without all the weather worries. The yurts r really spacious and clean. They can easily sleep 6 people and they Provide linens, blankets, small microwave , and mini fridge. The bathhouse is only a short distance away and are clean and private. I've never been here in the summer, only the fall. My suggestion is to bring a good sleeping bag. Mine goes to 0 degrees and it dipped down to 32 so u need good gear if you as going during colder Months. Have fun but be prepared. Check in was fast( thanks to Lindsay) and we loved the fire pit. We did not eat here since last time we were not impressed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank tripgirl74

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were looking for an end-of-season weekend trip close to home (100 miles away or less) with our three grandchildren. Snow Mtn Ranch came up on an online search and seemed to fit the bill. One activity touted on the schedule was a Sat evening campfire with songs, marshmallows, etc. I'd played this up to our grandchildren. When we left our room in search of this campfire, no employee seemed to know exactly where it was. We wandered in the dark for a long while before we finally had to give up....The springs in the hide-a-bed that our grandson used stuck out and he got virtually no sleep...We chose to do horsebackriding on Sunday (it's not inexpensive for those on a budget). Within minutes of our grandkids' departure onto the trail, the weather changed drastically and they returned drenched and frozen. I asked if perhaps we could be credited for the cost and try again another time. That request was denied. The ranch is in a very pretty setting. But we will not return. Our experience was that they were not interested in customer relations.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went on a 'camping' trip here with 10 other families. We were the only ones who choose to stay in a lodge. We had an accessible lodge room in Indian Peaks for two nights. Thank goodness because all the other campers ended up both nights hanging out with us up here due to the rain.

Simply put, this is just a great place to have a family reunion or friends camping trip. Staff is so friendly and accommodating and there is so much for kids to do. It's just one of those places you will return to year after year.

That said, this is camping, not the Ritz. Beds and lodge rooms are comfortable but the rooms do have indoor/outdoor carpeting. Just know what you are going into and you will completely enjoy. The rooms have small fridges and the lobby common rooms are great for hanging out at night and they have fresh coffee in the morning. For 'camping', I'll take Indian Peaks any day!

Wheelchair access is pretty easy in most parts of the campgrounds but this place is HUGE and you need to plan a vehicle just to get around the campgrounds. Most of the roads are dirt so wheeling after the usual summer afternoon rain storm is muddy and a little sticky.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you have ever wanted to experience a night (or more) in a yurt - this is your place! The yurts at Snow Mountain Ranch are pretty much brand new. They are made by the Colorado Yurt Company and are very sturdy and actually quite luxurious when it comes to yurts! The floors are hardwood, the full size bed is very comfy (Denver Mattress), the interior is extremely spacious for a group of 2 to 4 people, and the bath house is extremely nice. You will find a small refrigerator and microwave in the yurt along with many electrical outlets and excellent interior lighting. Since we stayed in August, bedding was provided and waiting in the yurt for us upon our arrival. Bedding included sheets for all beds, a heavy blanket for each bed, pillows and pillowcases. Wood was provided near the bathhouse for the fire pit located near the yurt (each yurt has their own fire pit). There was also a picnic table, tent pad (in case you have a lot of people), charcoal grill, and plastic chairs for use inside or outside of the yurt. The fire pit was also very nice with permanent log benches around the pit. We really enjoyed our stay and wish that we could have stayed longer. It was chilly at night -- we used more than just one blanket! The bathhouse had 5 or 6 individual bathrooms which were accessed by a key card which was hanging inside of the yurt upon arrival -- the bathhouse was probably 50 feet slightly uphill from our yurt. Each individual bathroom has a toilet in a stall, a sink, a tub/shower combo and a baby changing station. Really nice facilities! Supposedly there was a washer/dryer and deep sink in the bathhouse as well - although I never scoped it out. I really recommend staying here if you are curious about yurt living and can rough it just a bit. This is definitely not camping -- more like glamping!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Black Bear Yurt - but all of them were the same - only difference would be the loca...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xjgrl
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in Silver Sage Lodge. We all loved our stay here. Not everyone will enjoy it though. It was not fancy or new, but it was peaceful and in a beautiful location. The building was a little older and no one could sneak up on you with the squeaks in the floor, but we had 2 bunk beds for the kids and a queen bed for us. Although we were expected camp comfort level for the beds, we were very pleased with the beds. We all thought they were comfortable. We also had a nice table and 2 chairs in the room.
There were plenty of towels for everyone. We have had problems with other hotels only put 3 towels in a room for 4 people.
Again, we were worried about Internet here, but we had faster and more reliable Internet connectivity (wireless of course) here than most of our other hotel stays this trip.
Everyone we met working there was super friendly and helpful. They have a long list of both free and lost cost activities as well. I wish we had more time to stay and explore.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs, or are having a hard time adjusting to being at 8,000 ft above sea lev...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I have very different ideas about "camping". He likes to tent camp out away from everyone and everything. I prefer the luxury of being able to access a toilet without hauling a flashlight, a gun, a shovel and a roll of TP with me after sunset. When he told me to find a campsite where we could take our seldom used pop-up camper for a few days, I figured I'd have a rough time finding anything that would meet his approval. Lucky for me a friend suggested Snow Mt. Ranch at the YMCA of the Rockies. The campsites are large, so you don't feel like you are in a parking lot. We were there from Sunday afternoon through Tues (after the weekend crowds) and I believe there were only 3 other campers in the campground that had been filled over the weekend. The views are beautiful and the site is very well maintained with flowers and wood chip trails. The friendly and informative staff provide a large range of activities that are either free or very affordable. My 7 year old daughter really enjoyed the crafts and hiking to the waterfall. My 10 year old son's favorite activity was zooming down the zip line and climbing the "aqua wall" in the indoor swimming pool. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. My husband was so impressed that he wants to go back next weekend! This is amazing find for a family that's not easy to please.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hopi Campground C which provides electrical hook ups only. Didn't even need a wate...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was the photographer for a nephew's wedding. With the Rockies as a backdrop for their outdoor wedding, I got some great photos of their happy moment. Wish I had time to take advantage of the many things you can do at the ranch. My grandson (actually my son-in-law) played putt putt golf and went swimming in the pool. We all went on the hay ride and breakfast. We could easily have spent another week on top of the four days we spent there.

Hope to volunteer there and at Estes Park Center when we retire in the next year or so.

Room Tip: Rooms at the lodges includes meals at the cafeteria. Cabins don't include meals but they have k...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
#6 of 8 in Granby
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#3 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Snow Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!