“Great Family Spring Break”
Review of Granby Ranch

Granby Ranch
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Granby
More attraction details
Owner description: Granby Ranch is one of Colorado's best kept secrets and great for that family getaway. Located in Granby Colorado, Granby Ranch offers 35 ski trails covering 2 mountains, six terrain parks, ski and ride school, rentals, and convenient ski-in ski-out lodging. Granby Ranch Grill at the base of the mountain features delicious food for the whole family.
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a great time skiing here over spring break. Ski school is the BEST here. They teach the kids to parallel ski vs snow plow. After two days, both kids (9 and 12) were going down the blue runs and could tackle any run on the east mountain, including trying out some of the terrain parks. If you have young kids this if the place to learn and play. Runs were not crowded at all, even though there were many people around. Blue and green runs did not cross blacks like many of the big ski resorts and all the runs ended at the same spot, so no worries about getting lost. Sometimes smaller is better .... Thanks for a great ski vacation.

Wenda H, Public Relations Manager at Granby Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your review and your visit. We are so glad that your family had fun and that your kids are skiing parallel on the mountain. Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

First time ever trying to snowboard ( never skied never want to ) , arrived at the lodge and was greeted by 2 people at the door welcoming us (nice touch) . Very easy to get our equipment and tickets. The people doing the equipment set up were way nice . Proceeded to my snowboarding lesson . Mary was my instructor , which I would recommend her she was awesome (remember to tip after ) and she had me up and on my way up the green run 2 hours later. I do have to say that I surf and skate board so if ya do any of that its easier to get. The whole staff was great. Had a blast glad we chose this place .

1  Thank dabreeze

Thank you so much for your visit and review of Granby Ranch! It is very exciting to hear that the Ski and Ride school got you shredding on the mountain so quickly. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I wanted my 9 year old daughter to give downhill skiing a try. I'm not good enough to teach her myself. Granby Ranch was recommended by the people at Snow Mountain Ranch (YMC of the Rockies) as being a good family friendly spot. It is on the smaller side and was not at all pretentious. I originally booked separate lessons for the two of us but when my daughter started to feel anxious about being with a group she didn't know the staff re-arranged things so we could take a private lesson together. It was very last minute but they were incredibly understanding and helpful. Of course the private lesson cost a good deal more but I have to admit it was the best lesson I've had and my daughter did great! I wouldn't hesitate to go back and ski there!

Thank you so much for your visit and review of Granby Ranch. We are thrilled that you and your daughter had a great private lesson experience. Hope to see you out on the mountain again next season!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I'm a beggining skier. I went to Granby Ranch with friends and decided to take the full-day group lesson. I ended up having a 75% private lesson! It was great!! The one thing I didn't like is that the instructors kept passing me off to another instructor (something about making sure they all got paid!?!) The facility is nice, the people were nice and the prices seemed reasonable.

Thank you for your visit and review of Granby Ranch. We are so glad that you had a good experience with your lesson. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you on the mountain next season.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Granby Ranch is great for families with small children and/or for beginners of all ages. They have great instructors, all very skilled and patient. Our whole family had a lot of fun, and we even managed, after a few classes, to take on the easier slopes down the mountain. Great fun!