“The Best Bakery Ever!!!”
Review of Ian's Mountain Bakery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ian's Mountain Bakery
Description: Owner is Ian Daughtery, 970-887-1176. Follow your nose and tastebuds...I am NOT Ian or related, but my mouth is watering thinking about his fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls.
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I vacationed in Granby this spring and Ian's Mountain Bakery was one of the highlights of our trip. We discovered his little cafe the second day of our trip and we didn't go anywhere else to eat for the rest of the week! His baked goods are to die for - the triple berry scones were my personal favorite (made with huge fresh berries and lots of butter!) and my husband loved the scrambled egg and sausage pastries. And he also offers lots of other options for meals throughout the day: HUGE breakfast burritos covered in green chilli sauce or gravy, humongous pulled pork sandwiches, amazing pizzas...oh, and don't forget to try some cheesecake, which comes in several varieties. Ian knows all about the area, and the locals all eat here. He's a really friendly guy who seems to know everyone who walks into his shop. Oh, and he also offers great coffee! (free coffee with a meal purchase or really good lattes etc. for sale.) PLEASE skip the recently built starbucks in Granby and drive a little farther north to Ian's - it will be so worth it! In response to one reviewer who commented that he closes at 2pm, that is no longer the case. In our experience, he was now keeping his shop open until 7pm, so dinner is available too. If you are anywhere in this area (Sol Vista etc.) your trip will not be complete without a stop an Ian's! We can't wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Ian's Mountain Bakery

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Went to Granby, Colorado on vacation in June 2011 and went to Ian's after I read reviews here on tripadvisor. The Cinnamon Rolls and Raspberry Scones we ordered were great. Looks like Ian's is not open on a regular schedule as it was closed on a few occasions when we drove by going to RMNP/Grand Lake (during normal business hours) - so you may want to call ahead to make sure he is open. Ian was very nice to us and based on that and the good baked "goods" I can see how the locals would be loyal to him. Give Ian's a try - you will like.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Ian has scrumptious cinnamon rolls, sticky buns and yummy savory breakfast items too. We're heading back later to try his home-smoked pulled pork. Ian is an interesting guy who knows lots about the area and has been in business for 16 years. If you're staying at Sol Vista, go beyond the red light and check out Granby.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Wow Ian sure knows his stuff. My Aunt and I were visiting the area and she had read about this place so we had to stop. The pastries here were divine. We ordered the raspberry scone and some type of chocolate and cheese turnover. There is no doubt these were made from scratch and with love. The scone was the best I've ever had. The turnover was perfect not too sweet. He also gave us a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin. The muffin had the perfect balance of flavor and was not too sweet. I think it's worth noting that he closes everyday by 2 PM or earlier if he runs out of food first.