“Good food, great service!”
Review of Maverick's Grille

Maverick's Grille
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It can be touch and go on 40 past Grand Lake but Maverick's stands out. The food was very good but the experience was made great by the friendly service and waitstaff. The burgers were very good and the portions large. I agree that the fries are worthy of being taken home if you cannot finish them all! My family and I would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Lots of places have great burgers, but this place also has GREAT fries. After an exhausting day at Rocky Mountain National Park, we stopped here hoping to just get something. Boy were we surprised everything we tried was delicious - Santa Fe burger, Jalapeño burger, Burger with Goat Cheese, Meatloaf - yum, yum. But the fries they were the best!!!

1  Thank Candy F
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stopped in after reading tripadvisor reviews. Promptly greeted, seated and served drinks. Ordered a "buffalo" burger, green chile, and Wild Bill's game meatloaf. We should have heeded other reviewers' warnings about portion sizes and shared because they were huge. The food was well-seasoned and expertly prepared and presented. The waitstaff was very attentive. The decor and fireplace made me wish it were snowing so we could enjoy the pub like atmosphere even more. The prices were in line with the portions and quality, but you get what you pay for.
If ever in the area again, we will definitely make another stop.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in Granby on a whim, but really enjoyed being here. We stayed just down the street and walked to the Maverick for supper. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the food. It was a well prepared burger, fresh salad, and homemade mashed potatoes and chicken fried chicken.

Went to Granby on a whim, but it maybe a destination next time.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I bet I've driven by this place dozens of times and finally decided to stop in. It isn't much to look at and the atmosphere is typical small-town family restaurant. The service was attentive and friendly without being intrusive. We were seated immediately (it was a Tuesday evening) and the place was already full, at least in the restaurant side. We didn't look at the bar side.

I tried the game meatloaf. It's made up of venison, elk, antelope(!), and boar(!), as well as bison and beef. I'm not so much of a gourmet of game that I could pick out the various flavors, but I can say that the result was surprisingly good. It came with mashed potatoes, and a vegetable (fresh green beans for me). The gravy on the meatloaf and potatoes was ordinary, but a good and logical addition.

My wife had a beef burrito and pronounced it very good as well. The only hiccup was that the burrito plate which included rice and black beans was on the cold side. This was quickly and politely rectified.

They have a decent beer selection, and the wife liked the 90 Schilling. They only had a small Black Box wine list, and I didn't try any. Wine and driving is not an intelligent pairing for me.

Nobody should expect l'escoffier in Granby, but Maverick's is worth a stop if you are in the area.