“Good hearty meals!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I stopped for lunch on our way to Grand Lake in March for a weekend getaway. Very good, and a nice homey atmosphere. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. The food portions are huge though, so beware! My husband got the mushroom swiss burger and it was so huge he couldn't finish his fries. I had the hot ham and cheese, expecting just a wee little grilled-cheese type sandwich and it was HUGE! Not cheap deli ham either, it was REAL ham and more than I could eat with the pretzel roll. Nice location right on the main drag and not overpriced. We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Went in the late afternoon on a Tuesday. Not very busy and so the service was excellent. The waitress was helpful and nice. The green chile was terrific and enjoyed the wild game burger and fries.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We joined friends for a casual meal at this local place. It was our first visit and we had a great experience here. I had the beer battered pollock and fries and as fish and chips go it was great. This is not a "fancy" place but one where real food is served and the patrons are in blue jeans and cowboy hats (except for us). The price was reasonable and the service excellent.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

March 22nd 7:30pm our group of 3 stopped here to eat dinner. As we came inside there were 2 other couples waiting. We had no problem waiting our turn but no one acknowledged that we were even there. Waitresses and come to find out the host walked back and forth in front of us at least 10 times before we were asked if we had a to-go order, then off again to walk around and after 15 minutes we were asked if we would like to sit in the bar area, we did. While sitting there for another 10 minutes we were never acknowledged or ask if we would like something to drink. Where seemed to be one waitress for this area with four tables and even though our table was right in the middle of these, still on one word.
After another 8 minutes we had enough and tried another restaurant. It seemed like there were plenty of wait staff but very unorganized. Maybe a weekday at 4pm would have been better. Good luck Maverick, probably will not see you in business next year if you don't start paying attention to your customers.

1  Thank Mike_Fisher2014
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Not a meat fan and I drooled over this hamburger!!!! Delicious!! The fried pickles were the best I have ever had and I'm from the south!