“Solid food and good service in a small-town setting”
Review of Maverick's Grille

Maverick's Grille
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been here a few times now, on various trips to relax in Hot Sulphur Springs. Every time, the experience has been a good one.

One of the standouts of Maverick's Grille for me is the burgers- they are always flavorful, interesting, and cooked perfectly to specifications. I am a fan of rare-to-medium-rare burgers, which many restaurants will not serve. Maverick's serves them to perfection- the waitress told me they get a substantial amount of business from local ranchers, and the ranchers tend to prefer their meat on the rare end of the spectrum. Lucky me, as my burger has been absolutely perfect all three times I've ordered one. I am, however, disappointed that they no longer have the Bavarian burger on a pretzel roll with sauerkraut on the menu.

Their wild game meatloaf wrapped in bacon was also cooked perfectly, and was very flavorful, as were the garlic mashed potatoes they were served with.

The only thing that keeps me from rating a perfect 5 is that the service, while very friendly, can be very slow. I think much of this has to do with the small-town setting- limited staff, and maybe local clientele not being in a "big city rush". Even with the slow service, I will definitely come back on future visits, as this, as well as The Glory Hole in Hot Sulphur Springs, are the two best dining establishments in the area, as far as reasonable prices, good food, and friendly service goes.

1  Thank loverfishy

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We headed in late after a nice stay at the springs. We waited a few minutes for someone to come seat us but when no one came we went searching for a waiter. After finally getting seated we ordered some fish and a reuben. The fish came out raw and cold in the center and the reuben was unapealing and bland. The service was OK but just average or below.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Decent meal, not good enough to want to go back again. Reasonable price but the food is nothing remarkable. If your hungry and want to eat, you'll find something you can enjoy.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lots of cars in the parking lot so it must be good, right? Well it was good and had great service. Burgers, steaks, salads, etc. pricing is reasonable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've been traveling cross country this summer and their green chili is the best we've had so far ,very good . We also had the burgers which where also well prepared and delicious . Enjoyed a nice evening dinner , and enjoyed some time in the bar for a pre-season football game . Great evening.

1  Thank C J